Quantcast

[OpenNI-dev] Detecting a box as an object

[OpenNI-dev] Detecting a box as an object

alex summer
Hi,

I know a lot of people are interested in the fact that the Kinect can
detect human body and it's gesture but I would like to know if there
would be a way to configure the kinect (using openNi) to detect 1
human and 1 box and track both of them on screen independently.

Let me know what you think!

thks!

[OpenNI-dev] Re: Detecting a box as an object

enactd
Obvious solution to track the human is the OpenNI NiUserTracker. To
track the box check out the Point Cloud Library. There's a good
summary on the OpenNI blog:

http://openni.org/news/blog

-/Chris

[OpenNI-dev] Re: Detecting a box as an object

alex summer
Hi Enactd and thks for the answer,

but about PCL (point cloud library : http://pointclouds.org/), is
anyone here using it with openni??

What I want to do is to track 1 human and 1 box of a known size, Using
PCL, it seems like the box can be recognize, but I think that objects
like this in pcl are not meant to "move".... In my case, I want to
track the box the same way the kinect tracks the human body because
the human will interact with the box. If anyone got a clue if this is
possible with PCL please answer here and thank you!

Re: [OpenNI-dev] Re: Detecting a box as an object

rusu
Administrator
Alex,

This is definitely possible with PCL. However there's no tutorial available yet, so you would have to ask this on our
pcl-users@ mailing list (please subscribe first as anonymous posting is not allowed) and hope that the community is
going to help you out with indications on what's the best way to get it done.

Cheers,
Radu.
--
Point Cloud Library (PCL) - http://pointclouds.org