Quantcast

[OpenNI-dev] Difference between OpenNI sensor drivers

[OpenNI-dev] Difference between OpenNI sensor drivers

Henner-2
Hi folks,
does anyone know the difference between the OpenNI sensor driver from
the following pages?

1. PrimeSensor v5.0.1.32 http://www.openni.org/downloadfiles/openni-compliant-hardware-binaries/31-latest-unstable
2. SensorKinect v0.5 (by avin) 5.0.1.32 https://github.com/avin2/SensorKinect
3. Sensor 5.0.1.32 (patched) http://pointclouds.org/downloads/windows.html

Thanks in advance.

[OpenNI-dev] Re: Difference between OpenNI sensor drivers

sayezz
the first one are the drivers for ASUS Xtion hardware
the second one are the same drivers but for Microsoft Kinect hardware
the last one i dont know

On 12 Mai, 14:54, Henner <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi folks,
> does anyone know the difference between the OpenNI sensor driver from
> the following pages?
>
> 1. PrimeSensor v5.0.1.32http://www.openni.org/downloadfiles/openni-compliant-hardware-binarie...
> 2. SensorKinect v0.5 (by avin) 5.0.1.32https://github.com/avin2/SensorKinect
> 3. Sensor 5.0.1.32 (patched)http://pointclouds.org/downloads/windows.html
>
> Thanks in advance.

Re: [OpenNI-dev] Difference between OpenNI sensor drivers

rusu
Administrator

On 05/12/2011 05:54 AM, Henner wrote:
> Hi folks,
> does anyone know the difference between the OpenNI sensor driver from
> the following pages?
>
> 1. PrimeSensor v5.0.1.32 http://www.openni.org/downloadfiles/openni-compliant-hardware-binaries/31-latest-unstable

Officially supports OpenNI cameras such as PSDK and Asus Xtion PRO.

> 2. SensorKinect v0.5 (by avin) 5.0.1.32 https://github.com/avin2/SensorKinect

+ Kinect

> 3. Sensor 5.0.1.32 (patched) http://pointclouds.org/downloads/windows.html

+ Custom debayering algorithms.

Cheers,
Radu.
--
Point Cloud Library (PCL) - http://pointclouds.org

[OpenNI-dev] Re: Difference between OpenNI sensor drivers

MichaelK
Is it possible to use the third one with the kinect?

On May 12, 6:25 pm, Radu Bogdan Rusu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 05/12/2011 05:54 AM, Henner wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> > does anyone know the difference between the OpenNI sensor driver from
> > the following pages?
>
> > 1. PrimeSensor v5.0.1.32http://www.openni.org/downloadfiles/openni-compliant-hardware-binarie...
>
> Officially supports OpenNI cameras such as PSDK and Asus Xtion PRO.
>
> > 2. SensorKinect v0.5 (by avin) 5.0.1.32https://github.com/avin2/SensorKinect
>
> + Kinect
>
> > 3. Sensor 5.0.1.32 (patched)http://pointclouds.org/downloads/windows.html
>
> + Custom debayering algorithms.
>
> Cheers,
> Radu.
> --
> Point Cloud Library (PCL) -http://pointclouds.org

Re: [OpenNI-dev] Re: Difference between OpenNI sensor drivers

rusu
Administrator

On 05/12/2011 10:29 AM, MichaelK wrote:
> Is it possible to use the third one with the kinect?

Yes, that's why I said + :) The third one is the more "complete" version, containing more "hacks" (or whatever you want
to call them... enhancements :) ).

Cheers,
Radu.
--