Quantcast

[OpenNI-dev] Error building ni stack on unstable

[OpenNI-dev] Error building ni stack on unstable

Patrick Bouffard
I have a ROS unstable install (Maverick, .debs). Building ni fails on
openni_pcl, with this error:

/home/bouffard/ni/ni/openni_pcl/src/openni_viewer.cpp: In function
‘int main(int, char**)’:
/home/bouffard/ni/ni/openni_pcl/src/openni_viewer.cpp:88: error:
‘class pcl_visualization::PCLVisualizer’ has no member named
‘getPointCloudRenderingProperties’
In file included from
/opt/ros/unstable/stacks/perception_pcl_addons/pcl_visualization/include/pcl_visualization/pcl_visualizer.h:43,
                 from /home/bouffard/ni/ni/openni_pcl/src/openni_viewer.cpp:44:
/opt/ros/unstable/stacks/perception_pcl/pcl/include/pcl/point_cloud.h:
In constructor ‘pcl::PointCloud<PointT>::PointCloud() [with PointT =
pcl::PointXYZ]’:
/home/bouffard/ni/ni/openni_pcl/src/openni_viewer.cpp:69:
instantiated from here

Full build log is attached.

Is the ni stack supported on unstable? It would seem desirable to use
unstable for its more recent PCL release.

Thanks,
Pat

build_output.log (21K) Download Attachment

[OpenNI-dev] Re: Error building ni stack on unstable

Patrick Bouffard
Warning: OT rant ahead..

BTW -- what the hell, Google Groups? I did a search for 'unstable' in
this group before posting, just to check. No results.

Just now, catching up on reading the posts, I find a thread that
probably answers my question:
http://groups.google.com/group/openni-dev/browse_thread/thread/8c3584d53f532df9/adbc5301aa6a15bc#adbc5301aa6a15bc
and where the word 'unstable' is mentioned several times. The messages
were posted > 6 hours ago.

I guess I'll have to switch to individual email delivery of this group
so I can search in my email client... oh damn, that's GMail.

:-/

Pat

On Dec 10, 12:54 am, Patrick Bouffard <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I have a ROS unstable install (Maverick, .debs). Building ni fails on
> openni_pcl, with this error:
>
> /home/bouffard/ni/ni/openni_pcl/src/openni_viewer.cpp: In function
> ‘int main(int, char**)’:
> /home/bouffard/ni/ni/openni_pcl/src/openni_viewer.cpp:88: error:
> ‘class pcl_visualization::PCLVisualizer’ has no member named
> ‘getPointCloudRenderingProperties’
> In file included from
> /opt/ros/unstable/stacks/perception_pcl_addons/pcl_visualization/include/pc l_visualization/pcl_visualizer.h:43,
>                  from /home/bouffard/ni/ni/openni_pcl/src/openni_viewer.cpp:44:
> /opt/ros/unstable/stacks/perception_pcl/pcl/include/pcl/point_cloud.h:
> In constructor ‘pcl::PointCloud<PointT>::PointCloud() [with PointT =
> pcl::PointXYZ]’:
> /home/bouffard/ni/ni/openni_pcl/src/openni_viewer.cpp:69:
> instantiated from here
>
> Full build log is attached.
>
> Is the ni stack supported on unstable? It would seem desirable to use
> unstable for its more recent PCL release.
>
> Thanks,
> Pat
>
>  build_output.log
> 21KViewDownload

Re: [OpenNI-dev] Error building ni stack on unstable

rusu
Administrator

On 12/10/2010 12:54 AM, Patrick Bouffard wrote:

> I have a ROS unstable install (Maverick, .debs). Building ni fails on
> openni_pcl, with this error:
>
> /home/bouffard/ni/ni/openni_pcl/src/openni_viewer.cpp: In function
> ‘int main(int, char**)’:
> /home/bouffard/ni/ni/openni_pcl/src/openni_viewer.cpp:88: error:
> ‘class pcl_visualization::PCLVisualizer’ has no member named
> ‘getPointCloudRenderingProperties’
> In file included from
> /opt/ros/unstable/stacks/perception_pcl_addons/pcl_visualization/include/pcl_visualization/pcl_visualizer.h:43,
>                   from /home/bouffard/ni/ni/openni_pcl/src/openni_viewer.cpp:44:
> /opt/ros/unstable/stacks/perception_pcl/pcl/include/pcl/point_cloud.h:
> In constructor ‘pcl::PointCloud<PointT>::PointCloud() [with PointT =
> pcl::PointXYZ]’:
> /home/bouffard/ni/ni/openni_pcl/src/openni_viewer.cpp:69:
> instantiated from here
>
> Full build log is attached.
>
> Is the ni stack supported on unstable? It would seem desirable to use
> unstable for its more recent PCL release.
>
> Thanks,
> Pat

Pat,

I'm aware of this. It seems that I brought in a method that's not available in cturtle. I'll fix this today.

The ni stack should work both in cturtle and unstable (after the fix).

Cheers,
Radu.
--
http://pointclouds.org

Re: [OpenNI-dev] Error building ni stack on unstable

Patrick Bouffard
Thanks Radu. I guess I'll need to rosinstall it until there are
updated .debs--what's the best way to know when a given change has
shown up in a particular series of .debs?

Pat