Quantcast

[OpenNI-dev] Error when running NI Viewer for the first time

[OpenNI-dev] Error when running NI Viewer for the first time

Adriano
Hello!
Can anyone help me get to the bottom of the following error message
I'm getting when I run NI Viewer...

"the procedure entry point xnLogGetFileName could not be located in
the dynamic link library OpenNI.dll"

-OS Windows 7 32 bit
-OpenNI Stable Build for Windows x86 (32-bit) v1.5.2.23 Development
Edition
-Driver installed.......SensorKinect093-Bin-Win32-v5.1.2.1

thanks.

[OpenNI-dev] Re: Error when running NI Viewer for the first time

Stane
Hi everybody,
I have just joined the group.
I am getting exactly the same error message after installing OpenNI 64 bit version on a 64 bit Windows 7 machine.

OpenNI: openni-win64-1.5.2.23-dev

The error message reads:
"the procedure entry point xnLogGetFileName could not be located in the dynamic link library OpenNI.dll"

If a function cannot be found in a DLL that is found - I would naively suppose that there is a bug in the DLL?

Hi Adriano, have you solved your problem? If yes I would appreciate to learn how.
Any tips are mostly welcome!

Stane
----

On Wednesday, July 4, 2012 3:47:54 PM UTC+2, Adriano wrote:
Hello!
Can anyone help me get to the bottom of the following error message
I'm getting when I run NI Viewer...

"the procedure entry point xnLogGetFileName could not be located in
the dynamic link library OpenNI.dll"

-OS Windows 7 32 bit
-OpenNI Stable Build for Windows x86 (32-bit) v1.5.2.23 Development
Edition
-Driver installed.......SensorKinect093-Bin-Win32-v5.1.2.1

thanks.

[OpenNI-dev] Re: Error when running NI Viewer for the first time

Stane
Sorry, there was a mistake in my error message, it reads:
The error message reads:
"the procedure entry point xnLogGetFileName could not be located in the dynamic link library OpenNI64.dll"

On Wednesday, July 4, 2012 3:47:54 PM UTC+2, Adriano wrote:
Hello!
Can anyone help me get to the bottom of the following error message
I'm getting when I run NI Viewer...

"the procedure entry point xnLogGetFileName could not be located in
the dynamic link library OpenNI.dll"

-OS Windows 7 32 bit
-OpenNI Stable Build for Windows x86 (32-bit) v1.5.2.23 Development
Edition
-Driver installed.......SensorKinect093-Bin-Win32-v5.1.2.1

thanks.

[OpenNI-dev] Re: Error when running NI Viewer for the first time

David Menard
These errors usually show up when your project is linking to the wrong library. For example, this will show up if you have both 32bit and 64bit version installed; The compiler will look at (for example) at the 32bit library but try to use the 64bit DLL, causing the error. It can also happen if you tried to install different versions of OpenNI.
So, unfortunately, it will be up to you to try a few things and eventually figure it out, because unless we are physically there, it's pretty hard to really figure out hat's wrong.

My first suggestion is to uninstall everything and start from scratch. Make sure you install only 32-bit or only 64bit libraries (I use 32bit on my 64bit machine for compatibility issues with 3rd party libs, for now) of drivers, OpenNI and Primesense. Then make sure your PATH environment variable points to the right DLL location, and that your OpenNI project link to the correct library file.

hope you fix it, keep us updated!

[OpenNI-dev] Re: Error when running NI Viewer for the first time

Stane
Hi David,
and thanks for your prompt reply.

The cause is: we've completely uninstalled everything we could think as pertaining to the OpenNI 32 Bit, PrimeSense etc. It had primarily been a 32-Bit installation, and it did function (at least NiViewer did).
Now that we need to link to an essentially 64-Bit version of the Halcon library, we tried to rearrange it all and hoped it would function. The first results I have already described.

>>My first suggestion is to uninstall everything and start from scratch
Anyway we will probably need to follow your advice and do everything from scratch again.
Are there success stories with purely 64 Bit installations that worked at first try?

That with the PATH variable, is a good idea. I will inform you.

Stane
----

On Monday, July 9, 2012 4:37:44 PM UTC+2, David Menard wrote:
[...]

We've done it.
The recipe was as follows.
- Install OpenNI Unstable Build for Windows x64 v 1.5.4.0 Development Edition from http://www.openni.org/Downloads/OpenNIModules.aspx
- Install PrimeSensor Module Unstable Build for Windows x64 v 5.2.1  from http://www.openni.org/Downloads/OpenNIModules.aspx
- DO NOT install SensorKinect093-Bin-Win64-v5.1.2.1.msi from https://github.com/avin2/SensorKinect/tree/unstable/Bin/ instead of the second step (it also installs a PrimeSense Driver, but obviously a non-compatible version).

Stable components or any combination of stable and unstable parts did actually not function what seems - to an extent - strange.

Anyway, NiViewer functions.
Thanks for your support

Stane

On Monday, July 9, 2012 4:53:10 PM UTC+2, Stane wrote:
Hi David,
and thanks for your prompt reply.

The cause is: we've completely uninstalled everything we could think as pertaining to the OpenNI 32 Bit, PrimeSense etc. It had primarily been a 32-Bit installation, and it did function (at least NiViewer did).
Now that we need to link to an essentially 64-Bit version of the Halcon library, we tried to rearrange it all and hoped it would function. The first results I have already described.

>>My first suggestion is to uninstall everything and start from scratch
Anyway we will probably need to follow your advice and do everything from scratch again.
Are there success stories with purely 64 Bit installations that worked at first try?

That with the PATH variable, is a good idea. I will inform you.

Stane
----

On Monday, July 9, 2012 4:37:44 PM UTC+2, David Menard wrote:
These errors usually show up when your project is linking to the wrong library. For example, this will show up if you have both 32bit and 64bit version installed; The compiler will look at (for example) at the 32bit library but try to use the 64bit DLL, causing the error. It can also happen if you tried to install different versions of OpenNI.
So, unfortunately, it will be up to you to try a few things and eventually figure it out, because unless we are physically there, it's pretty hard to really figure out hat's wrong.

My first suggestion is to uninstall everything and start from scratch. Make sure you install only 32-bit or only 64bit libraries (I use 32bit on my 64bit machine for compatibility issues with 3rd party libs, for now) of drivers, OpenNI and Primesense. Then make sure your PATH environment variable points to the right DLL location, and that your OpenNI project link to the correct library file.

hope you fix it, keep us updated!

[OpenNI-dev] Re: Error when running NI Viewer for the first time

Piotr Dajlido
Can someone please provide link to the tutorial or clarify step by step how to install this piece of crap. I wasted 5 days trying to get this work and I can't ..
" - DO NOT install SensorKinect093-Bin-Win64-v5.1.2.1.msi from https://github.com/avin2/SensorKinect/tree/unstable/Bin/ instead of the second step (it also installs a PrimeSense Driver, but obviously a non-compatible version)." <--- I have no idea what does it mean, how can you run something without drivers??