Quantcast

[OpenNI-dev] InitFromXml failed: Failed to set USB interface!

[OpenNI-dev] InitFromXml failed: Failed to set USB interface!

mangodan2003
I spent ages trying to work out the reason for "InitFromXml failed:
Failed to set USB interface!" in Ubuntu oneiric, The answer turned out
to be gspca_kinect kernel module.

If you have this problem trying to start openni libfreenect etc apps,
try :

rmmod gspca_kinect

and then try the app again.

Hope this helps.

Dan

Re: [OpenNI-dev] InitFromXml failed: Failed to set USB interface!

Hendra
libfreenect works now! Thank you so much!! XD
haven't tried OpenNI yet, coz I removed it because of this problem, will try it soon.
btw, ever tried installing OpenNI and libfreenect at the same time? is there any problem?

On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 12:36 AM, mangodan2003 <[hidden email]> wrote:
I spent ages trying to work out the reason for "InitFromXml failed:
Failed to set USB interface!" in Ubuntu oneiric, The answer turned out
to be gspca_kinect kernel module.

If you have this problem trying to start openni libfreenect etc apps,
try :

rmmod gspca_kinect

and then try the app again.

Hope this helps.

Dan

Best Regards, and Thank you,
Hendra

[OpenNI-dev] Re: InitFromXml failed: Failed to set USB interface!

Aron
Hey!

It works! Thanks for the tip!

Although the rmmod gspca_kinect didn't work, I "removed" the .ko file,
and now it works:

sudo mv /lib/modules/3.0.0-12-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/
gspca_kinect.ko /lib/modules/3.0.0-12-generic/kernel/drivers/media/
video/gspca/gspca_kinect.ko.BAK

Regards,
Aron

On Oct 22, 12:39 am, Hendra <[hidden email]> wrote:

> libfreenect works now! Thank you so much!! XD
> haven't tried OpenNI yet, coz I removed it because of this problem, will try
> it soon.
> btw, ever tried installing OpenNI and libfreenect at the same time? is there
> any problem?
>
> On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 12:36 AM, mangodan2003 <[hidden email]>wrote:
>

> > I spent ages trying to work out the reason for "InitFromXml failed:
> > Failed to set USB interface!" in Ubuntu oneiric, The answer turned out
> > to be gspca_kinect kernel module.
>
> > If you have this problem trying to start openni libfreenect etc apps,
> > try :
>
> > rmmod gspca_kinect
>
> > and then try the app again.
>
> > Hope this helps.
>
> > Dan
>
> > --

> Best Regards, and Thank you,
> Hendra

[OpenNI-dev] Re: InitFromXml failed: Failed to set USB interface!

toskrip
Works for me for OpenNI tnx,

On Oct 21, 6:36 pm, mangodan2003 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I spent ages trying to work out the reason for "InitFromXml failed:
> Failed to set USB interface!" in Ubuntu oneiric, The answer turned out
> to be gspca_kinect kernel module.
>
> If you have this problem trying to start openni libfreenect etc apps,
> try :
>
> rmmod gspca_kinect
>
> and then try the app again.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Dan

[OpenNI-dev] Re: InitFromXml failed: Failed to set USB interface!

Ying Yin
Works for me. Thank you so much!!