Quantcast

[OpenNI-dev] New SensorKinect v0.7 (by avin) for Windows, Linux & MacOSX

12

[OpenNI-dev] New SensorKinect v0.7 (by avin) for Windows, Linux & MacOSX

avin
Hello!

I've updated the sources and precompiled binaries for Windows, Linux &
MacOSX to match the latest unstable version released: OpenNI 1.3.2.3 &
Sensor
5.0.3.4

You can find it as usual in:
https://github.com/avin2/SensorKinect

Windows 64-bit support is finally added as well!

Enjoy!

avin.

Re: [OpenNI-dev] New SensorKinect v0.7 (by avin) for Windows, Linux & MacOSX

rusu
Administrator
Avin,

Did you integrate Suat's debayering patch? We could stop providing SensorKinect binaries on the PCL web page and just
link to yours. We hate duplicating work :)

Thanks.
Radu.
--
Point Cloud Library (PCL) - http://pointclouds.org

On 07/19/2011 01:05 PM, avin wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I've updated the sources and precompiled binaries for Windows, Linux&
> MacOSX to match the latest unstable version released: OpenNI 1.3.2.3&
> Sensor
> 5.0.3.4
>
> You can find it as usual in:
> https://github.com/avin2/SensorKinect
>
> Windows 64-bit support is finally added as well!
>
> Enjoy!
>
> avin.

[OpenNI-dev] Re: New SensorKinect v0.7 (by avin) for Windows, Linux & MacOSX

avin
That's a great idea!

I will do it tomorrow or later today...

avin.

On Jul 19, 11:44 pm, "Radu B. Rusu" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Avin,
>
> Did you integrate Suat's debayering patch? We could stop providing SensorKinect binaries on the PCL web page and just
> link to yours. We hate duplicating work :)
>
> Thanks.
> Radu.
> --
> Point Cloud Library (PCL) -http://pointclouds.org
>
> On 07/19/2011 01:05 PM, avin wrote:
>

> > Hello!
>
> > I've updated the sources and precompiled binaries for Windows, Linux&
> > MacOSX to match the latest unstable version released: OpenNI 1.3.2.3&
> > Sensor
> > 5.0.3.4
>
> > You can find it as usual in:
> >https://github.com/avin2/SensorKinect
>
> > Windows 64-bit support is finally added as well!
>
> > Enjoy!
>
> > avin.

[OpenNI-dev] Re: New SensorKinect v0.7 (by avin) for Windows, Linux & MacOSX

Jman
Sweet!  I won't have to swap out the Bayer files and do my own
compiles anymore!

Radu - Thanks to that Debayer Patch I was able to get Facial
Recognition working at 640x480.  If you are in touch with Suat, let
him know that I couldn't have done it without him.

I'll be posting a video and source code for my Face Recognition
Project soon.

 - J

On Jul 19, 5:06 pm, avin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That's a great idea!
>
> I will do it tomorrow or later today...
>
> avin.
>
> On Jul 19, 11:44 pm, "Radu B. Rusu" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Avin,
>
> > Did you integrate Suat's debayering patch? We could stop providing SensorKinect binaries on the PCL web page and just
> > link to yours. We hate duplicating work :)
>
> > Thanks.
> > Radu.
> > --
> > Point Cloud Library (PCL) -http://pointclouds.org
>
> > On 07/19/2011 01:05 PM, avin wrote:
>
> > > Hello!
>
> > > I've updated the sources and precompiled binaries for Windows, Linux&
> > > MacOSX to match the latest unstable version released: OpenNI 1.3.2.3&
> > > Sensor
> > > 5.0.3.4
>
> > > You can find it as usual in:
> > >https://github.com/avin2/SensorKinect
>
> > > Windows 64-bit support is finally added as well!
>
> > > Enjoy!
>
> > > avin.

[OpenNI-dev] Re: New SensorKinect v0.7 (by avin) for Windows, Linux & MacOSX

Jman
avin - I've noticed that in your Redist.py script the print statements
which don't have parenthesis around their parameters error out on my
machine.  I am running Windows 7 and Python 3.2.1.  Once I add
parenthesis to all of the print statements the script runs fine.

- J

On Jul 19, 4:05 pm, avin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I've updated the sources and precompiled binaries for Windows, Linux &
> MacOSX to match the latest unstable version released: OpenNI 1.3.2.3 &
> Sensor
> 5.0.3.4
>
> You can find it as usual in:https://github.com/avin2/SensorKinect
>
> Windows 64-bit support is finally added as well!
>
> Enjoy!
>
> avin.

Re: [OpenNI-dev] Re: New SensorKinect v0.7 (by avin) for Windows, Linux & MacOSX

Joshua Blake

I'd like to see the face recognition project! Do you have any third party dependencies to do the face matching?

On Jul 19, 2011 5:45 PM, "Jman" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sweet! I won't have to swap out the Bayer files and do my own
> compiles anymore!
>
> Radu - Thanks to that Debayer Patch I was able to get Facial
> Recognition working at 640x480. If you are in touch with Suat, let
> him know that I couldn't have done it without him.
>
> I'll be posting a video and source code for my Face Recognition
> Project soon.
>
> - J
>
> On Jul 19, 5:06 pm, avin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> That's a great idea!
>>
>> I will do it tomorrow or later today...
>>
>> avin.
>>
>> On Jul 19, 11:44 pm, "Radu B. Rusu" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> > Avin,
>>
>> > Did you integrate Suat's debayering patch? We could stop providing SensorKinect binaries on the PCL web page and just
>> > link to yours. We hate duplicating work :)
>>
>> > Thanks.
>> > Radu.
>> > --
>> > Point Cloud Library (PCL) -http://pointclouds.org

[OpenNI-dev] Re: New SensorKinect v0.7 (by avin) for Windows, Linux & MacOSX

Jman
Yes, there are dependencies on OpenCV & EmGu CV (a popular .NET
wrapper for OpenCV).  The Project is currently written in .NET, but I
am planning a conversion over to MONO when the time is right.  If
there is enough interest behind the project I may move it into C++ as
well.

I'll start-up a thread with all of the information around the project
later tonight, once I have a video recorded and posted.

- J

On 07/19/2011 02:44 PM, Jman wrote:
> Sweet!  I won't have to swap out the Bayer files and do my own
> compiles anymore!
>
> Radu - Thanks to that Debayer Patch I was able to get Facial
> Recognition working at 640x480.  If you are in touch with Suat, let
> him know that I couldn't have done it without him.

Will do. Or you could tell him yourself ;)

Cheers,
Radu.
--
Point Cloud Library (PCL) - http://pointclouds.org

[OpenNI-dev] Re: New SensorKinect v0.7 (by avin) for Windows, Linux & MacOSX

MichaelK
That would be great, because I am also programming in C# :)

On Jul 19, 11:58 pm, Jman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes, there are dependencies on OpenCV & EmGu CV (a popular .NET
> wrapper for OpenCV).  The Project is currently written in .NET, but I
> am planning a conversion over to MONO when the time is right.  If
> there is enough interest behind the project I may move it into C++ as
> well.
>
> I'll start-up a thread with all of the information around the project
> later tonight, once I have a video recorded and posted.
>
> - J
>
> On Jul 19, 5:50 pm, Joshua Blake <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > I'd like to see the face recognition project! Do you have any third party
> > dependencies to do the face matching?
> > On Jul 19, 2011 5:45 PM, "Jman" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > > Sweet! I won't have to swap out the Bayer files and do my own
> > > compiles anymore!
>
> > > Radu - Thanks to that Debayer Patch I was able to get Facial
> > > Recognition working at 640x480. If you are in touch with Suat, let
> > > him know that I couldn't have done it without him.
>
> > > I'll be posting a video and source code for my Face Recognition
> > > Project soon.
>
> > > - J

> > SensorKinect binaries on the PCL web page and just

> > > --
>
> >http://groups.google.com/group/openni-dev?hl=en.

[OpenNI-dev] Re: New SensorKinect v0.7 (by avin) for Windows, Linux & MacOSX

MichaelK
Including the patch would be cool. I hope Avin will release it soon.
Are there any performance changes when using this patch?

On Jul 19, 10:44 pm, "Radu B. Rusu" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Avin,
>
> Did you integrate Suat's debayering patch? We could stop providing SensorKinect binaries on the PCL web page and just
> link to yours. We hate duplicating work :)
>
> Thanks.
> Radu.
> --
> Point Cloud Library (PCL) -http://pointclouds.org
>
> On 07/19/2011 01:05 PM, avin wrote:
>

> > Hello!
>
> > I've updated the sources and precompiled binaries for Windows, Linux&
> > MacOSX to match the latest unstable version released: OpenNI 1.3.2.3&
> > Sensor
> > 5.0.3.4
>
> > You can find it as usual in:
> >https://github.com/avin2/SensorKinect
>
> > Windows 64-bit support is finally added as well!
>
> > Enjoy!
>
> > avin.

[OpenNI-dev] Re: New SensorKinect v0.7 (by avin) for Windows, Linux & MacOSX

MichaelK
Hi avin,

I askes myself if it would be possible to implement the motor and led
control to the SensorKinect. That would be really cool, because the CL
NUI driver would not be needed anymore. And of course the Bayer patch
would be good.

On Jul 19, 10:05 pm, avin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I've updated the sources and precompiled binaries for Windows, Linux &
> MacOSX to match the latest unstable version released: OpenNI 1.3.2.3 &
> Sensor
> 5.0.3.4
>
> You can find it as usual in:https://github.com/avin2/SensorKinect
>
> Windows 64-bit support is finally added as well!
>
> Enjoy!
>
> avin.

[OpenNI-dev] Re: New SensorKinect v0.7 (by avin) for Windows, Linux & MacOSX

noisecrime

On Jul 22, 11:18 am, MichaelK <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi avin,
>
> I askes myself if it would be possible to implement the motor and led
> control to the SensorKinect. That would be really cool, because the CL
> NUI driver would not be needed anymore. And of course the Bayer patch
> would be good.

Although I feel bad for asking for more from Avin, I would second
this, having access to the motor would be wonderful.
Any news on the bayer patch? I was going to look into adding this like
others have done, but if you are able to intergrate it into sensor
kinect that would be great.

[OpenNI-dev] Re: New SensorKinect v0.7 (by avin) for Windows, Linux & MacOSX

MichaelK
Any news on the progress? Would love to have the Bayer patch in the
driver :)

On Jul 22, 4:15 pm, noisecrime <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Jul 22, 11:18 am, MichaelK <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi avin,
>
> > I askes myself if it would be possible to implement the motor and led
> > control to the SensorKinect. That would be really cool, because the CL
> > NUI driver would not be needed anymore. And of course theBayerpatch
> > would be good.
>
> Although I feel bad for asking for more from Avin, I would second
> this, having access to the motor would be wonderful.
> Any news on thebayerpatch? I was going to look into adding this like
> others have done, but if you are able to intergrate it into sensor
> kinect that would be great.

[OpenNI-dev] Re: New SensorKinect v0.7 (by avin) for Windows, Linux & MacOSX

MichaelK
It looks like Avin is inactive since 3 weeks now. Does anybody else
could create the kinect sensor installer with the bayer patch included?

[OpenNI-dev] Re: New SensorKinect v0.7 (by avin) for Windows, Linux & MacOSX

jman@monkeystable.com
I have uploaded my Debayer Version of Avin2's SensorKinect for Windows
to http://www.monkeystable.com/RealMotion/SensorKinect-5.0.3.4-Avin2-Jman_Debayer.zip
.  If I remember correctly this uses the Bayer.cpp file from one of
the ROS projects.

The source code and binaries are both included in the zip package.
Binary installer for Win32 is at \Platform\Win32\CreateRedist\Output\

- Jman

On Aug 8, 7:19 am, MichaelK <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It looks like Avin is inactive since 3 weeks now. Does anybody else
> could create the kinect sensor installer with the bayer patch included?

[OpenNI-dev] Re: New SensorKinect v0.7 (by avin) for Windows, Linux & MacOSX

MichaelK
It works :) The result is still not as good, as on a good webcam, but
it is better than without the Bayer patch. It also looks like there
are 4 pixels more visible height and 2 pixels more visible width! The
original driver got a black border around - the modiefied one not.

Here are two pictures which show the difference:
Avin: http://i.imgur.com/QZi7Z.png
Jman: http://i.imgur.com/BLbZR.png

Anyway: why is the image so bad? Is it because of the cam in the
kinect, or is it because of the speed?

On Aug 8, 4:21 pm, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I have uploaded my Debayer Version of Avin2's SensorKinect for Windows
> tohttp://www.monkeystable.com/RealMotion/SensorKinect-5.0.3.4-Avin2-Jma...
> .  If I remember correctly this uses the Bayer.cpp file from one of
> the ROS projects.
>
> The source code and binaries are both included in the zip package.
> Binary installer for Win32 is at \Platform\Win32\CreateRedist\Output\
>
> - Jman
>
> On Aug 8, 7:19 am, MichaelK <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > It looks like Avin is inactive since 3 weeks now. Does anybody else
> > could create the kinect sensor installer with the bayer patch included?

[OpenNI-dev] Re: New SensorKinect v0.7 (by avin) for Windows, Linux & MacOSX

jman@monkeystable.com
I'm not sure why the image is so crappy, but I totally agree with you.
It seems that the device should be able to get much higher quality
images.  I'm going to check some of the pictures the Kinect took of me
while I was playing Xbox games.  I figure that should be a good way to
determine if we are losing quality to the drivers, or if it is simply
that the Kinect RGB camera is crap.

- Jman

On Aug 8, 11:40 am, MichaelK <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It works :) The result is still not as good, as on a good webcam, but
> it is better than without the Bayer patch. It also looks like there
> are 4 pixels more visible height and 2 pixels more visible width! The
> original driver got a black border around - the modiefied one not.
>
> Here are two pictures which show the difference:
> Avin:http://i.imgur.com/QZi7Z.png
> Jman:http://i.imgur.com/BLbZR.png
>
> Anyway: why is the image so bad? Is it because of the cam in the
> kinect, or is it because of the speed?
>
> On Aug 8, 4:21 pm, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

> > I have uploaded my Debayer Version of Avin2's SensorKinect for Windows
> > tohttp://www.monkeystable.com/RealMotion/SensorKinect-5.0.3.4-Avin2-Jma...
> > .  If I remember correctly this uses the Bayer.cpp file from one of
> > the ROS projects.
>
> > The source code and binaries are both included in the zip package.
> > Binary installer for Win32 is at \Platform\Win32\CreateRedist\Output\
>
> > - Jman
>
> > On Aug 8, 7:19 am, MichaelK <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > > It looks like Avin is inactive since 3 weeks now. Does anybody else
> > > could create the kinect sensor installer with the bayer patch included?

[OpenNI-dev] Re: New SensorKinect v0.7 (by avin) for Windows, Linux & MacOSX

MichaelK
Any results? I was wondering if the image stream looks the same, if I
would use the official Kinect SDK!? Does anyone tried that?

On Aug 8, 7:43 pm, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I'm not sure why the image is so crappy, but I totally agree with you.
> It seems that the device should be able to get much higher quality
> images.  I'm going to check some of the pictures the Kinect took of me
> while I was playing Xbox games.  I figure that should be a good way to
> determine if we are losing quality to the drivers, or if it is simply
> that the Kinect RGB camera is crap.
>
> - Jman
>
> On Aug 8, 11:40 am, MichaelK <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > It works :) The result is still not as good, as on a good webcam, but
> > it is better than without the Bayer patch. It also looks like there
> > are 4 pixels more visible height and 2 pixels more visible width! The
> > original driver got a black border around - the modiefied one not.
>
> > Here are two pictures which show the difference:
> >Avin:http://i.imgur.com/QZi7Z.png
> > Jman:http://i.imgur.com/BLbZR.png
>
> > Anyway: why is the image so bad? Is it because of the cam in the
> > kinect, or is it because of the speed?
>
> > On Aug 8, 4:21 pm, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
>
> > > I have uploaded my Debayer Version of Avin2's SensorKinect for Windows
> > > tohttp://www.monkeystable.com/RealMotion/SensorKinect-5.0.3.4-Avin2-Jma...
> > > .  If I remember correctly this uses the Bayer.cpp file from one of
> > > the ROS projects.
>
> > > The source code and binaries are both included in the zip package.
> > > Binary installer for Win32 is at \Platform\Win32\CreateRedist\Output\
>
> > > - Jman

[OpenNI-dev] Re: New SensorKinect v0.7 (by avin) for Windows, Linux & MacOSX

Lance Drake
Although I am no expert, I believe, regarding the image quality, that
the depth map is acquired at VGA (640 x 480) resolution or QVGA
(320x240).  When a QVGA sized image is promoted to be shown in a
640x480 window it's resized in a crude way that does not smooth the
image when it's enlarged.  You might look at your logged comments to
see when and where the depth image is set to be served up at the QVGA
size.  My guess is that, for most purposes, the QVGA resolution is
chosen because it's faster to deal with 76800 pixels in each QVGA
frame versus 179200 pixels in each VGA frame.

12