[OpenNI-dev] New "Sinbad" sample application that demonstrates Ogre and NITE skeleton modules integration

12

[OpenNI-dev] New "Sinbad" sample application that demonstrates Ogre and NITE skeleton modules integration

Ziv Hendel
Hi Everyone!

PrimeSense has released a small new sample called Sinbad that
demonstrates Ogre and NITE skeleton modules integration!
The sample allows you to control an avatar with your body, It's very
cool!

Check it out at:
https://github.com/OpenNI/SampleAppSinbad
(Don't forget to read the README file...)

There's also a short video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6xdopI9su4

Enjoy... :-)

Ziv.

Re: [OpenNI-dev] New "Sinbad" sample application that demonstrates Ogre and NITE skeleton modules integration

Denis Ivanov
Wow, this is really cool! What about more ogres in one scene? )

Den

On Dec 11, 2010, at 12:30 AM, Ziv Hendel wrote:

> Hi Everyone!
>
> PrimeSense has released a small new sample called Sinbad that
> demonstrates Ogre and NITE skeleton modules integration!
> The sample allows you to control an avatar with your body, It's very
> cool!
>
> Check it out at:
> https://github.com/OpenNI/SampleAppSinbad
> (Don't forget to read the README file...)
>
> There's also a short video here:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6xdopI9su4
>
> Enjoy... :-)
>
> Ziv.

[OpenNI-dev] Re: New "Sinbad" sample application that demonstrates Ogre and NITE skeleton modules integration

justinmaurer
In the readme it mentions "Don't forget to start with the calibration
pose!" what is that exactly. I tried standing up and placing arms out
like the model, but to no avail. Any ideas?

On Dec 10, 4:30 pm, Ziv Hendel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Everyone!
>
> PrimeSense has released a small new sample called Sinbad that
> demonstrates Ogre and NITE skeleton modules integration!
> The sample allows you to control an avatar with your body, It's very
> cool!
>
> Check it out at:https://github.com/OpenNI/SampleAppSinbad
> (Don't forget to read the README file...)
>
> There's also a short video here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6xdopI9su4
>
> Enjoy... :-)
>
> Ziv.

Re: [OpenNI-dev] Re: New "Sinbad" sample application that demonstrates Ogre and NITE skeleton modules integration

Tamir Berliner
Yeap, the calibration pose is the "freeze" pose. Look at the video, you can see the guy performing it (and then on the bottom right on the screen you can see his depthmap being "filled" to notify the calibration timer)

Let me know if it doesn't work for you..

Sent from a mobile device

On Dec 11, 2010, at 2:25 AM, "justinmaurer" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In the readme it mentions "Don't forget to start with the calibration
> pose!" what is that exactly. I tried standing up and placing arms out
> like the model, but to no avail. Any ideas?
>
> On Dec 10, 4:30 pm, Ziv Hendel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Everyone!
>>
>> PrimeSense has released a small new sample called Sinbad that
>> demonstrates Ogre and NITE skeleton modules integration!
>> The sample allows you to control an avatar with your body, It's very
>> cool!
>>
>> Check it out at:https://github.com/OpenNI/SampleAppSinbad
>> (Don't forget to read the README file...)
>>
>> There's also a short video here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6xdopI9su4
>>
>> Enjoy... :-)
>>
>> Ziv.

[OpenNI-dev] Re: New "Sinbad" sample application that demonstrates Ogre and NITE skeleton modules integration

cogito

Run the demo, I met the error "miss d3dx9_42.dll".
After I copy the dll file, the demo also couldn't work.
I run it in Win7 32bit.

Should I recompile source code?

On Dec 10, 4:31 pm, Tamir Berliner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yeap, the calibration pose is the "freeze" pose. Look at the video, you can see the guy performing it (and then on the bottom right on the screen you can see his depthmap being "filled" to notify the calibration timer)
>
> Let me know if it doesn't work for you..
>
> Sent from a mobile device
>
> On Dec 11, 2010, at 2:25 AM, "justinmaurer" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > In the readme it mentions "Don't forget to start with the calibration
> > pose!" what is that exactly. I tried standing up and placing arms out
> > like the model, but to no avail. Any ideas?
>
> > On Dec 10, 4:30 pm, Ziv Hendel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Hi Everyone!
>
> >> PrimeSense has released a small new sample called Sinbad that
> >> demonstrates Ogre and NITE skeleton modules integration!
> >> The sample allows you to control an avatar with your body, It's very
> >> cool!
>
> >> Check it out at:https://github.com/OpenNI/SampleAppSinbad
> >> (Don't forget to read the README file...)
>
> >> There's also a short video here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6xdopI9su4
>
> >> Enjoy... :-)
>
> >> Ziv.

[OpenNI-dev] Re: New "Sinbad" sample application that demonstrates Ogre and NITE skeleton modules integration

Nink
Linux ??

[OpenNI-dev] Re: New "Sinbad" sample application that demonstrates Ogre and NITE skeleton modules integration

Daniel Spelsberg
Only copying the file doesn't work, you have to install directx
completely

 if you want to build ogre from source you will need the directx sdk:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=2c7da5fb-ffbb-4af6-8c66-651cbd28ca15

you should check this site for Prerequisites

http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/Prerequisites

On 11 Dez., 04:43, cogito <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Run the demo, I met the error "miss d3dx9_42.dll".
> After I copy the dll file, the demo also couldn't work.
> I run it in Win7 32bit.
>
> Should I recompile source code?
>
> On Dec 10, 4:31 pm, Tamir Berliner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Yeap, the calibration pose is the "freeze" pose. Look at the video, you can see the guy performing it (and then on the bottom right on the screen you can see his depthmap being "filled" to notify the calibration timer)
>
> > Let me know if it doesn't work for you..
>
> > Sent from a mobile device
>
> > On Dec 11, 2010, at 2:25 AM, "justinmaurer" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > > In the readme it mentions "Don't forget to start with the calibration
> > > pose!" what is that exactly. I tried standing up and placing arms out
> > > like the model, but to no avail. Any ideas?

[OpenNI-dev] Re: New "Sinbad" sample application that demonstrates Ogre and NITE skeleton modules integration

Ziv Hendel
HI Cogito,

You need to install the latest DirectX runtime libraries.

It can be downloaded from:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=3b170b25-abab-4bc3-ae91-50ceb6d8fa8d

I've added this to the README file.

Thanks,
Ziv.

On Dec 11, 5:43 am, cogito <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Run the demo, I met the error "miss d3dx9_42.dll".
> After I copy the dll file, the demo also couldn't work.
> I run it in Win7 32bit.
>
> Should I recompile source code?
>
> On Dec 10, 4:31 pm, Tamir Berliner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Yeap, the calibration pose is the "freeze" pose. Look at the video, you can see the guy performing it (and then on the bottom right on the screen you can see his depthmap being "filled" to notify the calibration timer)
>
> > Let me know if it doesn't work for you..
>
> > Sent from a mobile device
>
> > On Dec 11, 2010, at 2:25 AM, "justinmaurer" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > > In the readme it mentions "Don't forget to start with the calibration
> > > pose!" what is that exactly. I tried standing up and placing arms out
> > > like the model, but to no avail. Any ideas?

Re: [OpenNI-dev] Re: New "Sinbad" sample application that demonstrates Ogre and NITE skeleton modules integration

pkmital
This is really incredible.  I have tried the same idea with animata,
but this framework with ogre is much more powerful and very nicely
written.

Thank you,

Parag

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 8:29 AM, Ziv Hendel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> HI Cogito,
>
> You need to install the latest DirectX runtime libraries.
>
> It can be downloaded from:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=3b170b25-abab-4bc3-ae91-50ceb6d8fa8d
>
> I've added this to the README file.
>
> Thanks,
> Ziv.
>
> On Dec 11, 5:43 am, cogito <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Run the demo, I met the error "miss d3dx9_42.dll".
>> After I copy the dll file, the demo also couldn't work.
>> I run it in Win7 32bit.
>>
>> Should I recompile source code?
>>
>> On Dec 10, 4:31 pm, Tamir Berliner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > Yeap, the calibration pose is the "freeze" pose. Look at the video, you can see the guy performing it (and then on the bottom right on the screen you can see his depthmap being "filled" to notify the calibration timer)
>>
>> > Let me know if it doesn't work for you..
>>
>> > Sent from a mobile device

PhD Student in Arts and Computational Technology
Department of Computing
Goldsmiths, University of London
New Cross, London SE14 6NW
Mobile: (UK) +44 (0)7588 359581

Re: [OpenNI-dev] New "Sinbad" sample application that demonstrates Ogre and NITE skeleton modules integration

Joshua Blake
I used Sinbad in my local code camp presentation about Kinect tonight. It was very popular. One of the attendees had his 7 year old son with him so I asked him to come up and try Sinbad as well. He was all giggles and loved it. The favorite feature is grabbing and storing the swords. Here is a picture he tweeted:

I used the PrimeSensor for this. Thanks so much for sharing this code!

Josh

---
Joshua Blake
Microsoft Surface MVP
OpenKinect Community Founder http://openkinect.org

(cell) 703-946-7176
Twitter: http://twitter.com/joshblake
Blog: http://nui.joshland.org
Multitouch on Windows book: http://manning.com/blake

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Ziv Hendel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Everyone!

PrimeSense has released a small new sample called Sinbad that
demonstrates Ogre and NITE skeleton modules integration!
The sample allows you to control an avatar with your body, It's very
cool!

Check it out at:
https://github.com/OpenNI/SampleAppSinbad
(Don't forget to read the README file...)

There's also a short video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6xdopI9su4

Enjoy... :-)

Ziv.

Re: [OpenNI-dev] New "Sinbad" sample application that demonstrates Ogre and NITE skeleton modules integration

eric-2
This is so awesome! Got it running in 2 mins. My wife loved it too.

Thank you PrimeSense!

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 10:13 PM, Joshua Blake <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

This is so awesome to hear!

:-) :-)

Ziv.

On Dec 12, 5:13 am, Joshua Blake <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I used Sinbad in my local code camp presentation about Kinect tonight. It
> was very popular. One of the attendees had his 7 year old son with him so I
> asked him to come up and try Sinbad as well. He was all giggles and loved
> it. The favorite feature is grabbing and storing the swords. Here is a
> picture he tweeted:
>
> http://twitpic.com/3f27dk
>
> I used the PrimeSensor for this. Thanks so much for sharing this code!
>
> Josh
>
> ---
> Joshua Blake
> Microsoft Surface MVP
> OpenKinect Community Founderhttp://openkinect.org
>
> (cell) 703-946-7176
> Twitter:http://twitter.com/joshblake
> Blog:http://nui.joshland.org
> Multitouch on Windows book:http://manning.com/blake
>
> On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Ziv Hendel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi Everyone!
>
> > PrimeSense has released a small new sample called Sinbad that
> > demonstrates Ogre and NITE skeleton modules integration!
> > The sample allows you to control an avatar with your body, It's very
> > cool!
>
> > Check it out at:
> >https://github.com/OpenNI/SampleAppSinbad
> > (Don't forget to read the README file...)
>
> > There's also a short video here:
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6xdopI9su4
>
> > Enjoy... :-)
>
> > Ziv.

[OpenNI-dev] Re: New "Sinbad" sample application that demonstrates Ogre and NITE skeleton modules integration

rickypetit
Hi,

I have tested your code and works like a charm. I am trying to do the
same in Unity3d with no success. I am having problems passing the
joint rotations throught the hierarchy. I think all this is done in
the transformbone function, where you calculate some column vectors
(c1,c2,c3) which are not used and perform some change of sign on the
provided 3x3 rotation matrix of each joint. Also, you are reseting the
orientation transform and don't get why

Can you explain a little bit how/why do you do this?

Thanks and sorry for this questions!

Ricard

On 12 Des, 23:02, Ziv Hendel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is so awesome to hear!
>
> :-) :-)
>
> Ziv.
>
> On Dec 12, 5:13 am, Joshua Blake <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I used Sinbad in my local code camp presentation about Kinect tonight. It
> > was very popular. One of the attendees had his 7 year old son with him so I
> > asked him to come up and try Sinbad as well. He was all giggles and loved
> > it. The favorite feature is grabbing and storing the swords. Here is a
> > picture he tweeted:
>
> >http://twitpic.com/3f27dk
>
> > I used the PrimeSensor for this. Thanks so much for sharing this code!
>
> > Josh
>
> > ---
> > Joshua Blake
> > Microsoft Surface MVP
> > OpenKinect Community Founderhttp://openkinect.org
>
> > (cell) 703-946-7176
> > Twitter:http://twitter.com/joshblake
> > Blog:http://nui.joshland.org
> > Multitouch on Windows book:http://manning.com/blake
>
> > On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Ziv Hendel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hi Everyone!
>
> > > PrimeSense has released a small new sample called Sinbad that
> > > demonstrates Ogre and NITE skeleton modules integration!
> > > The sample allows you to control an avatar with your body, It's very
> > > cool!
>
> > > Check it out at:
> > >https://github.com/OpenNI/SampleAppSinbad
> > > (Don't forget to read the README file...)
>
> > > There's also a short video here:
> > >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6xdopI9su4
>
> > > Enjoy... :-)
>
> > > Ziv.

[OpenNI-dev] Re: New "Sinbad" sample application that demonstrates Ogre and NITE skeleton modules integration

tamirb
OMG! *Ricard! I apologize for getting your name wrong!

On Dec 14, 12:11 am, tamirb <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> We have Unity integration working already and are working on opening
> that also, please stay tuned as it should release soon :)
>
> Tamir
> OpenNI Forum Manager
>
> On Dec 13, 10:35 pm, rickypetit <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
>
> > I have tested your code and works like a charm. I am trying to do the
> > same in Unity3d with no success. I am having problems passing the
> > joint rotations throught the hierarchy. I think all this is done in
> > the transformbone function, where you calculate some column vectors
> > (c1,c2,c3) which are not used and perform some change of sign on the
> > provided 3x3 rotation matrix of each joint. Also, you are reseting the
> > orientation transform and don't get why
>
> > Can you explain a little bit how/why do you do this?
>
> > Thanks and sorry for this questions!
>
> > Ricard
>
> > On 12 Des, 23:02, Ziv Hendel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > > This is so awesome to hear!
>
> > > :-) :-)
>
> > > Ziv.

[OpenNI-dev] Re: New "Sinbad" sample application that demonstrates Ogre and NITE skeleton modules integration

rickypetit
Hi,

that would be great, I will keep an eye on it,

Regards,

Ricard

On 13 Des, 23:15, tamirb <[hidden email]> wrote:

> OMG! *Ricard! I apologize for getting your name wrong!
>
> On Dec 14, 12:11 am, tamirb <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Richard,
>
> > We have Unity integration working already and are working on opening
> > that also, please stay tuned as it should release soon :)
>
> > Tamir
> > OpenNI Forum Manager
>
> > On Dec 13, 10:35 pm, rickypetit <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
>
> > > I have tested your code and works like a charm. I am trying to do the
> > > same in Unity3d with no success. I am having problems passing the
> > > joint rotations throught the hierarchy. I think all this is done in
> > > the transformbone function, where you calculate some column vectors
> > > (c1,c2,c3) which are not used and perform some change of sign on the
> > > provided 3x3 rotation matrix of each joint. Also, you are reseting the
> > > orientation transform and don't get why
>
> > > Can you explain a little bit how/why do you do this?
>
> > > Thanks and sorry for this questions!
>
> > > Ricard

Re: [OpenNI-dev] Re: New "Sinbad" sample application that demonstrates Ogre and NITE skeleton modules integration

Jules Olléon
Hi,

Is there any way to run this demo on Linux ?

Thanks,
Jules

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 10:49 PM, rickypetit <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

that would be great, I will keep an eye on it,

Regards,

Ricard

On 13 Des, 23:15, tamirb <[hidden email]> wrote:
> OMG! *Ricard! I apologize for getting your name wrong!
>
> On Dec 14, 12:11 am, tamirb <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Richard,
>
> > We have Unity integration working already and are working on opening
> > that also, please stay tuned as it should release soon :)
>
> > Tamir
> > OpenNI Forum Manager
>
> > On Dec 13, 10:35 pm, rickypetit <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
>
> > > I have tested your code and works like a charm. I am trying to do the
> > > same in Unity3d with no success. I am having problems passing the
> > > joint rotations throught the hierarchy. I think all this is done in
> > > the transformbone function, where you calculate some column vectors
> > > (c1,c2,c3) which are not used and perform some change of sign on the
> > > provided 3x3 rotation matrix of each joint. Also, you are reseting the
> > > orientation transform and don't get why
>
> > > Can you explain a little bit how/why do you do this?
>
> > > Thanks and sorry for this questions!
>
> > > Ricard

[OpenNI-dev] Re: New "Sinbad" sample application that demonstrates Ogre and NITE skeleton modules integration

Ziv Hendel
Hi Jules!

Technically speaking, there shouldn't be any problem with running it
on Linux since both Ogre and OpenNI/NITE are available on it...
But we currently only provide a Win32 build script and binaries.

If someone will make a port of this demo to Linux, we'd be more then
happy to add it to the code and share it with everyone! :)

Ziv.

On Dec 14, 9:18 pm, Jules Olléon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to run this demo on Linux ?
>
> Thanks,
> Jules
>
> On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 10:49 PM, rickypetit <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > that would be great, I will keep an eye on it,
>
> > Regards,
>
> > Ricard
>
> > On 13 Des, 23:15, tamirb <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > OMG! *Ricard! I apologize for getting your name wrong!

> > the

> > tonight. It
> > with him so I
> > and loved
> > is a

> > code!

> > very

[OpenNI-dev] Re: New "Sinbad" sample application that demonstrates Ogre and NITE skeleton modules integration

kwende
Is anyone else having trouble getting the SinbadVs2010 sample to
compile? VS2010 is complaining that OgreString.h, OgrePlugin.h, and
OgrePlatform.h don't exist.

On Dec 15, 5:59 pm, Ziv Hendel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Jules!
>
> Technically speaking, there shouldn't be any problem with running it
> on Linux since bothOgreand OpenNI/NITE are available on it...
> But we currently only provide a Win32 build script and binaries.
>
> If someone will make a port of this demo to Linux, we'd be more then
> happy to add it to the code and share it with everyone! :)
>
> Ziv.
>
> On Dec 14, 9:18 pm, Jules Olléon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
>
> > Is there any way to run this demo on Linux ?
>
> > Thanks,
> > Jules
>
> > On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 10:49 PM, rickypetit <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
>
> > > that would be great, I will keep an eye on it,
>
> > > Regards,
>
> > > Ricard

> > > the

> > > tonight. It
> > > with him so I
> > > and loved
> > > is a

> > > code!

> > > very

[OpenNI-dev] Re: New "Sinbad" sample application that demonstrates Ogre and NITE skeleton modules integration

kwende
Scratch that, I didn't read the README.txt well enough. Sorry.

On Dec 17, 12:54 pm, kwende <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is anyone else having trouble getting the SinbadVs2010 sample to
> compile? VS2010 is complaining that OgreString.h, OgrePlugin.h, and
> OgrePlatform.h don't exist.
>
> On Dec 15, 5:59 pm, Ziv Hendel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Hi Jules!
>
> > Technically speaking, there shouldn't be any problem with running it
> > on Linux since bothOgreand OpenNI/NITE are available on it...
> > But we currently only provide a Win32 build script and binaries.
>
> > If someone will make a port of this demo to Linux, we'd be more then
> > happy to add it to the code and share it with everyone! :)
>
> > Ziv.
>
> > On Dec 14, 9:18 pm, Jules Olléon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
>
> > > Is there any way to run this demo on Linux ?
>
> > > Thanks,
> > > Jules

[OpenNI-dev] Re: New "Sinbad" sample application that demonstrates Ogre and NITE skeleton modules integration

Baub
Hi kwende,

I am using also the VS2010. I can compile the Sinbad demo. But when I
try to execute it a window named "OGRE
Engine Rendering Setup" opens up. It asks to choose a rendering
subsystem. But their is no item for this choice, so I can't choose and
can't go on with the application.

Did you do something special in order to execute correctly the
application?

12