[OpenNI-dev] New stable 64 bit release problems

[OpenNI-dev] New stable 64 bit release problems

Zeraphil
Has anyone had any luck installing the new stable OpenNI release on
Windows 7 64bit?

I keep getting a "OpenNI64.dll is not installed in your computer"
error when I try to start any test sample.

[OpenNI-dev] Re: New stable 64 bit release problems

Ziv Hendel
We are unable to reproduce this problem and its working fine in all
our test computers...

Can you check if OpenNI/Bin64 directory was successfully added to your
PATH environment variable?

Do you have the same problem with the 32-bit version?

Thanks,
Ziv.

On Jul 14, 8:20 pm, Zeraphil <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Has anyone had any luck installing the new stable OpenNI release on
> Windows 7 64bit?
>
> I keep getting a "OpenNI64.dll is not installed in your computer"
> error when I try to start any test sample.

[OpenNI-dev] Re: New stable 64 bit release problems

Zeraphil
I re-installed for the third time and it no longer gives me the error
*shrug*

I'm now having a problem with the driver. I'm want to use the PCL
patched SensorKinect driver. Should that be able to work with the new
release? I get a "device not connected".

On Jul 14, 3:03 pm, Ziv Hendel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We are unable to reproduce this problem and its working fine in all
> our test computers...
>
> Can you check if OpenNI/Bin64 directory was successfully added to your
> PATH environment variable?
>
> Do you have the same problem with the 32-bit version?
>
> Thanks,
> Ziv.
>
> On Jul 14, 8:20 pm, Zeraphil <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Has anyone had any luck installing the new stable OpenNI release on
> > Windows 7 64bit?
>
> > I keep getting a "OpenNI64.dll is not installed in your computer"
> > error when I try to start any test sample.

Re: [OpenNI-dev] Re: New stable 64 bit release problems

rusu
Administrator
Suat can probably answer that (or send an e-mail directly to pcl-users@). Thanks.

Cheers,
Radu.
--
Point Cloud Library (PCL) - http://pointclouds.org

On 07/14/2011 12:40 PM, Zeraphil wrote:

> I re-installed for the third time and it no longer gives me the error
> *shrug*
>
> I'm now having a problem with the driver. I'm want to use the PCL
> patched SensorKinect driver. Should that be able to work with the new
> release? I get a "device not connected".
>
> On Jul 14, 3:03 pm, Ziv Hendel<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> We are unable to reproduce this problem and its working fine in all
>> our test computers...
>>
>> Can you check if OpenNI/Bin64 directory was successfully added to your
>> PATH environment variable?
>>
>> Do you have the same problem with the 32-bit version?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ziv.
>>
>> On Jul 14, 8:20 pm, Zeraphil<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>

>>> Has anyone had any luck installing the new stable OpenNI release on
>>> Windows 7 64bit?
>>
>>> I keep getting a "OpenNI64.dll is not installed in your computer"
>>> error when I try to start any test sample.

Re: [OpenNI-dev] Re: New stable 64 bit release problems

Zeraphil
Thank you for the CC Rusu, and thank you for the fast response, Suat.

I tried using the 64-bit drivers with the new OpenNI release but I still get a "no device connected" issue. Do I need to use a previous stable release of OpenNI?

Regards,

David S.

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 1:34 AM, Suat Gedikli <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

PCL provides its own (patched) drivers for openni-compatible devices (PSDK, Xtion, Kinect), since the native drivers do not support the Kinect, and have a poor debayering method implemented.
If you want to use a MS Kinect, you should install the drivers available in the Download area of pointclouds.org.

Cheers,
Suat

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 10:20 PM, Radu B. Rusu <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi David!

What kind of sensor are you using?

Ziv.

On Jul 15, 11:10 pm, David Schwarz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you for the CC Rusu, and thank you for the fast response, Suat.
>
> I tried using the 64-bit drivers with the new OpenNI release but I still get
> a "no device connected" issue. Do I need to use a previous stable release of
> OpenNI?
>
> Regards,
>
> David S.
>
> On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 1:34 AM, Suat Gedikli <[hidden email]>wrote:
>

> > Hi,
>
> > PCL provides its own (patched) drivers for openni-compatible devices (PSDK,
> > Xtion, Kinect), since the native drivers do not support the Kinect, and have
> > a poor debayering method implemented.
> > If you want to use a MS Kinect, you should install the drivers available in
> > the Download area of pointclouds.org.
>
> > Cheers,
> > Suat
>
> > On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 10:20 PM, Radu B. Rusu <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
> >> Suat can probably answer that (or send an e-mail directly to pcl-users@).
> >> Thanks.
>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Radu.
> >> --
> >> Point Cloud Library (PCL) -http://pointclouds.org

[OpenNI-dev] Re: New stable 64 bit release problems

Zeraphil
The Kinect. Sorry for the delay and thanks for the reply.

On Jul 15, 4:13 pm, Ziv Hendel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi David!
>
> What kind of sensor are you using?
>
> Ziv.
>
> On Jul 15, 11:10 pm, David Schwarz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Thank you for the CC Rusu, and thank you for the fast response, Suat.
>
> > I tried using the 64-bit drivers with the new OpenNI release but I still get
> > a "no device connected" issue. Do I need to use a previous stable release of
> > OpenNI?
>
> > Regards,
>
> > David S.
>
> > On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 1:34 AM, Suat Gedikli <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
>
> > > PCL provides its own (patched) drivers for openni-compatible devices (PSDK,
> > > Xtion, Kinect), since the native drivers do not support the Kinect, and have
> > > a poor debayering method implemented.
> > > If you want to use a MS Kinect, you should install the drivers available in
> > > the Download area of pointclouds.org.
>
> > > Cheers,
> > > Suat

[OpenNI-dev] Re: New stable 64 bit release problems

Ziv Hendel
My question was to David...

Anyway, don't forget that if you use the kinect you must use the
SensorKinect module which was created by the community because the
Sensor module we offer on the web site is only for the PrimeSense and
Asus sensors at the moment...

Ziv.

On Jul 16, 7:04 am, Zeraphil <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The Kinect. Sorry for the delay and thanks for the reply.
>
> On Jul 15, 4:13 pm, Ziv Hendel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Hi David!
>
> > What kind of sensor are you using?
>
> > Ziv.
>
> > On Jul 15, 11:10 pm, David Schwarz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > > Thank you for the CC Rusu, and thank you for the fast response, Suat.
>
> > > I tried using the 64-bit drivers with the new OpenNI release but I still get
> > > a "no device connected" issue. Do I need to use a previous stable release of
> > > OpenNI?
>
> > > Regards,
>
> > > David S.

[OpenNI-dev] Re: New stable 64 bit release problems

Zeraphil
Same person ^_^ (look at the e-mails)

For some reason replying by e-mail uses my real name instead of the
handle.
Thanks for the reply.

Would it still work for PCL? That's my primary issue.

On Jul 17, 1:08 pm, Ziv Hendel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> My question was to David...
>
> Anyway, don't forget that if you use the kinect you must use the
> SensorKinect module which was created by the community because the
> Sensor module we offer on the web site is only for the PrimeSense and
> Asus sensors at the moment...
>
> Ziv.
>
> On Jul 16, 7:04 am, Zeraphil <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > The Kinect. Sorry for the delay and thanks for the reply.
>
> > On Jul 15, 4:13 pm, Ziv Hendel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > > Hi David!
>
> > > What kind of sensor are you using?
>
> > > Ziv.

[OpenNI-dev] Re: New stable 64 bit release problems

MichaelK
I installed the 64bit versions and get an error in the Unity Engine,
when creating the context. The samples work fine.

The error message:
"DllNotFoundException: OpenNI64
OpenNI.EnumerationErrors.Create ()
OpenNI.EnumerationErrors..ctor ()
OpenNI.Context.InitFromXmlEx (System.String xmlFile, System.IntPtr&
hScriptNode)
OpenNI.Context.CreateFromXmlFile (System.String xmlFile,
OpenNI.ScriptNode& scriptNode)
Generator.Start () (at Assets/Scripts/Generator.cs:64)"

The line of code where the error occurs:
context = Context.CreateFromXmlFile(StaticConfig.OPENNI_CONFIG_FILE,
out scriptNode);

My openni config file:
"<OpenNI>
        <Licenses>
                <License vendor="PrimeSense" key="0KOIk2JeIBYClPWVnMoRKn5cdY4="/>
        </Licenses>
        <Log writeToConsole="false" writeToFile="false">
                <LogLevel value="3"/>
                <Masks>
                        <Mask name="ALL" on="false"/>
                </Masks>
                <Dumps>
                </Dumps>
        </Log>
        <ProductionNodes>
                <Node type="Depth">
                        <Configuration>
                                <Mirror on="true"/>
                        </Configuration>
                </Node>
                <Node type="User" />
        </ProductionNodes>
</OpenNI>"

My installation files and order:
OpenNI-Win64-1.3.2.3-Dev.msi
NITE-Win64-1.4.1.2-Dev.msi
SensorKinect-Win-OpenSource64-5.0.3.4.msi

I am using the Kinect.

Any hints?

On Jul 15, 10:13 pm, Ziv Hendel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi David!
>
> What kind of sensor are you using?
>
> Ziv.
>
> On Jul 15, 11:10 pm, David Schwarz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Thank you for the CC Rusu, and thank you for the fast response, Suat.
>
> > I tried using the 64-bit drivers with the new OpenNI release but I still get
> > a "no device connected" issue. Do I need to use a previous stable release of
> > OpenNI?
>
> > Regards,
>
> > David S.
>
> > On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 1:34 AM, Suat Gedikli <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
>
> > > PCL provides its own (patched) drivers for openni-compatible devices (PSDK,
> > > Xtion, Kinect), since the native drivers do not support the Kinect, and have
> > > a poor debayering method implemented.
> > > If you want to use a MS Kinect, you should install the drivers available in
> > > the Download area of pointclouds.org.
>
> > > Cheers,
> > > Suat

[OpenNI-dev] Re: New stable 64 bit release problems

MichaelK
I looked in the PATH and saw, that the 32Bit path's were not removed.
Just a quick info ;)
In my unity project, I copied the OpenNI.Net.dll from the Bin64
folder.
Maybe it does not work, because Unity only supports 32Bit?

On Jul 20, 11:54 am, MichaelK <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I installed the 64bit versions and get an error in the Unity Engine,
> when creating the context. The samples work fine.
>
> The error message:
> "DllNotFoundException: OpenNI64
> OpenNI.EnumerationErrors.Create ()
> OpenNI.EnumerationErrors..ctor ()
> OpenNI.Context.InitFromXmlEx (System.String xmlFile, System.IntPtr&
> hScriptNode)
> OpenNI.Context.CreateFromXmlFile (System.String xmlFile,
> OpenNI.ScriptNode& scriptNode)
> Generator.Start () (at Assets/Scripts/Generator.cs:64)"
>
> The line of code where the error occurs:
> context = Context.CreateFromXmlFile(StaticConfig.OPENNI_CONFIG_FILE,
> out scriptNode);
>
> My openni config file:
> "<OpenNI>
>         <Licenses>
>                 <License vendor="PrimeSense" key="0KOIk2JeIBYClPWVnMoRKn5cdY4="/>
>         </Licenses>
>         <Log writeToConsole="false" writeToFile="false">
>                 <LogLevel value="3"/>
>                 <Masks>
>                         <Mask name="ALL" on="false"/>
>                 </Masks>
>                 <Dumps>
>                 </Dumps>
>         </Log>
>         <ProductionNodes>
>                 <Node type="Depth">
>                         <Configuration>
>                                 <Mirror on="true"/>
>                         </Configuration>
>                 </Node>
>                 <Node type="User" />
>         </ProductionNodes>
> </OpenNI>"
>
> My installation files and order:
> OpenNI-Win64-1.3.2.3-Dev.msi
> NITE-Win64-1.4.1.2-Dev.msi
> SensorKinect-Win-OpenSource64-5.0.3.4.msi
>
> I am using the Kinect.
>
> Any hints?
>
> On Jul 15, 10:13 pm, Ziv Hendel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Hi David!
>
> > What kind of sensor are you using?
>
> > Ziv.
>
> > On Jul 15, 11:10 pm, David Schwarz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > > Thank you for the CC Rusu, and thank you for the fast response, Suat.
>
> > > I tried using the 64-bit drivers with the new OpenNI release but I still get
> > > a "no device connected" issue. Do I need to use a previous stable release of
> > > OpenNI?
>
> > > Regards,
>
> > > David S.

[OpenNI-dev] Re: New stable 64 bit release problems

Ziv Hendel
Unity is a 32-bit program so you need to use the 32-bit version with
it... :-)

Ziv.