[OpenNI-dev] OpenNI on Mac!

12

[OpenNI-dev] OpenNI on Mac!

roxlu
Dear reader,

Since OpenNI was released we're extremely excited about it and can't
wait to
start using it. It's great to have a open source standardized
frameworks for this!
We've (already) seen some great projects done with it, together with
NITE.

As lots of people in this field use are working on a Mac we started
porting OpenNI so
it compiles on Mac OSX.

Our first step has been changing the build system to CMake  which
seems to be
the best start. After four days of hacking we got OpenNI compiled on
Mac. Still ofcourse
we did not test this completely but it's a good start! There are still
some
minor things we should do with the CMake files but we would like to
have some
discussion from you at PrimeSense. We've got some thought on using the
TinyXML,
LibJPEG, LibUSB.

We're wondering what you (OpenNI developers) think of this and we
really hope
you're interested in having a look at this and make OpenNI+NITE work
on Mac so even
more people can start enjoying this fantastic ride!

I wrote a small post of the current status on my blog: http://roxlu.com/

Best regards
Diederick

[OpenNI-dev] Re: OpenNI on Mac!

Ziv Hendel
Hi Roxlu!

My name is Ziv and I'm the Realtime & Embedded team leader at
PrimeSense.

We really appreciate all your work and would love to help of course!

I'm going to go visit your IRC channel as this will probably make
discussion easier..

See you there in a sec :-)

Ziv.

On Dec 13, 9:18 pm, roxlu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear reader,
>
> Since OpenNI was released we're extremely excited about it and can't
> wait to
> start using it. It's great to have a open source standardized
> frameworks for this!
> We've (already) seen some great projects done with it, together with
> NITE.
>
> As lots of people in this field use are working on a Mac we started
> porting OpenNI so
> it compiles on Mac OSX.
>
> Our first step has been changing the build system to CMake  which
> seems to be
> the best start. After four days of hacking we got OpenNI compiled on
> Mac. Still ofcourse
> we did not test this completely but it's a good start! There are still
> some
> minor things we should do with the CMake files but we would like to
> have some
> discussion from you at PrimeSense. We've got some thought on using the
> TinyXML,
> LibJPEG, LibUSB.
>
> We're wondering what you (OpenNI developers) think of this and we
> really hope
> you're interested in having a look at this and make OpenNI+NITE work
> on Mac so even
> more people can start enjoying this fantastic ride!
>
> I wrote a small post of the current status on my blog:http://roxlu.com/
>
> Best regards
> Diederick

[OpenNI-dev] Re: OpenNI on Mac!

roxlu
Together with Ziv we just got OpenNI working on a Mac together with the Kinect driver (SensorKinect).
Note: it's still a work in progress version, but you can start playing around!  Read here how to compile
and run openni with your kinect here. Ziv is working on a binary of NITE! So the fun can start!

Roxlu

Re: [OpenNI-dev] Re: OpenNI on Mac!

mcpll
I Compile the code

But when i try to start sample NiViewer application start but i see only one red point and the rest of the screen is black.

Matteo

Il giorno 18/dic/2010, alle ore 22.35, roxlu ha scritto:

Together with Ziv we just got OpenNI working on a Mac together with the Kinect driver (SensorKinect).
Note: it's still a work in progress version, but you can start playing around!  R<a href="x-msg://3/goog_1569592989">ead here how to compile
and run openni with your kinect here. Ziv is working on a binary of NITE! So the fun can start!

Roxlu

[OpenNI-dev] Re: OpenNI on Mac!

mcpll
Ok,
I tryed on a Mac Mini Work Perfect.

On MacBookPro continue to have a problem.

Good Work

Matteo

On Dec 18, 11:02 pm, Matteo Bonini <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I Compile the code
>
> But when i try to start sample NiViewer application start but i see only one red point and the rest of the screen is black.
>
> Matteo
>
> Il giorno 18/dic/2010, alle ore 22.35, roxlu ha scritto:
>

> > Together with Ziv we just got OpenNI working on a Mac together with the Kinect driver (SensorKinect).
> > Note: it's still a work in progress version, but you can start playing around!  Read here how to compile
> > and run openni with your kinect here. Ziv is working on a binary of NITE! So the fun can start!
>
> > Roxlu

[OpenNI-dev] Re: OpenNI on Mac!

subblue
Hi Roxlu

I've just followed your instructions for building OpenNI and SensorKinect on OS X. OpenNI built fine but after running make install for the SensorKinect I get the following error:

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `../../../../../OpenNI_TEST/libJPEG.dylib', needed by `Source/XnFormats/libXnFormats.dylib'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [Source/XnFormats/CMakeFiles/XnFormats.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Tom.

Re: [OpenNI-dev] Re: OpenNI on Mac!

Matthew Hare
worked perfectly. Looking forward to the NITE kit :)

On 20 December 2010 00:44, subblue <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Roxlu

I've just followed your instructions for building OpenNI and SensorKinect on OS X. OpenNI built fine but after running make install for the SensorKinect I get the following error:

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `../../../../../OpenNI_TEST/libJPEG.dylib', needed by `Source/XnFormats/libXnFormats.dylib'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [Source/XnFormats/CMakeFiles/XnFormats.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Tom.

Matthew Hare
Director
MBH Software LTD

[OpenNI-dev] Re: OpenNI on Mac!

takahashi
Hi Roxlu!

Thank you for your great works!

I got several error messages when I compile your codes.
After some modifications, I finally compiled successfully.

my modifications are below:
*OpenNI

(1) Source/Modules/nimCodecs/CMakeFiles/nimCodecs.dir/link.txt

-lJPEG => /opt/local/lib/libjpeg.dylib

(2) OpenNI/Source/Modules/nimCodecs/XnStreamCompression.h

before:
  #include <jpeglib.h>

after:
  extern "C" {
  #include <jpeglib.h>
  }

*SensorKinect

I executed below command before executing make command.

cp /opt/local/lib/libjpeg.dylib libJPEG.dylib

I'm looking forward to the NITE too.

On 12月14日, 午前4:18, roxlu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear reader,
>
> Since OpenNI was released we're extremely excited about it and can't
> wait to
> start using it. It's great to have a open source standardized
> frameworks for this!
> We've (already) seen some great projects done with it, together with
> NITE.
>
> As lots of people in this field use are working on a Mac we started
> porting OpenNI so
> it compiles on Mac OSX.
>
> Our first step has been changing the build system to CMake  which
> seems to be
> the best start. After four days of hacking we got OpenNI compiled on
> Mac. Still ofcourse
> we did not test this completely but it's a good start! There are still
> some
> minor things we should do with the CMake files but we would like to
> have some
> discussion from you at PrimeSense. We've got some thought on using the
> TinyXML,
> LibJPEG, LibUSB.
>
> We're wondering what you (OpenNI developers) think of this and we
> really hope
> you're interested in having a look at this and make OpenNI+NITE work
> on Mac so even
> more people can start enjoying this fantastic ride!
>
> I wrote a small post of the current status on my blog:http://roxlu.com/
>
> Best regards
> Diederick

[OpenNI-dev] Re: OpenNI on Mac!

roxlu
Hi subblue and takahashi,

I've to figure out why openni did not compile on your macs. Could you
tell
me a bit more about your system?
- what cmake version
- what mac osx version
- what were the errors exactly?
- and can you paste the specific link.txt?

It would great if I could reproduce the errors here and fix those!

Best roxlu

On Dec 21, 2:03 pm, takahashi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Roxlu!
>
> Thank you for your great works!
>
> I got several error messages when I compile your codes.
> After some modifications, I finally compiled successfully.
>
> my modifications are below:
> *OpenNI
>
> (1) Source/Modules/nimCodecs/CMakeFiles/nimCodecs.dir/link.txt
>
> -lJPEG => /opt/local/lib/libjpeg.dylib
>
> (2) OpenNI/Source/Modules/nimCodecs/XnStreamCompression.h
>
> before:
>   #include <jpeglib.h>
>
> after:
>   extern "C" {
>   #include <jpeglib.h>
>   }
>
> *SensorKinect
>
> I executed below command before executing make command.
>
> cp /opt/local/lib/libjpeg.dylib libJPEG.dylib
>
> I'm looking forward to the NITE too.
>
> On 12月14日, 午前4:18, roxlu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Dear reader,
>
> > Since OpenNI was released we're extremely excited about it and can't
> > wait to
> > start using it. It's great to have a open source standardized
> > frameworks for this!
> > We've (already) seen some great projects done with it, together with
> > NITE.
>
> > As lots of people in this field use are working on a Mac we started
> > porting OpenNI so
> > it compiles on Mac OSX.
>
> > Our first step has been changing the build system to CMake  which
> > seems to be
> > the best start. After four days of hacking we got OpenNI compiled on
> > Mac. Still ofcourse
> > we did not test this completely but it's a good start! There are still
> > some
> > minor things we should do with the CMake files but we would like to
> > have some
> > discussion from you at PrimeSense. We've got some thought on using the
> > TinyXML,
> > LibJPEG, LibUSB.
>
> > We're wondering what you (OpenNI developers) think of this and we
> > really hope
> > you're interested in having a look at this and make OpenNI+NITE work
> > on Mac so even
> > more people can start enjoying this fantastic ride!
>
> > I wrote a small post of the current status on my blog:http://roxlu.com/
>
> > Best regards
> > Diederick

[OpenNI-dev] Re: OpenNI on Mac!

subblue
Thanks to takahashi's tip I copied my own copy of libjpeg.dylib I had previously installed via brew.

From the openni_test/SensorKinect/Platform/Mac/Bin/Test directory I ran:
cp /usr/local/lib/libjpeg.dylib ../../../../../OpenNI_TEST/libJPEG.dylib

then make install worked properly.

Just for reference I'm using cmake 2.8.3 on OS X 10.6.5. cmake and libjpeg were installed via brew.

Thanks! :)

[OpenNI-dev] Re: OpenNI on Mac!

gabor papp
hi roxlu,

great work! congratulations.

i have some problems compiling the code, though. osx 10.5.8, macbook pro. cmake version 2.8.3, dependencies and cmake installed from macports.

$ ./build_test.sh
-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Checking whether C compiler has -isysroot
-- Checking whether C compiler has -isysroot - yes
-- Checking whether C compiler supports OSX deployment target flag
-- Checking whether C compiler supports OSX deployment target flag - yes
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Checking whether CXX compiler has -isysroot
-- Checking whether CXX compiler has -isysroot - yes
-- Checking whether CXX compiler supports OSX deployment target flag
-- Checking whether CXX compiler supports OSX deployment target flag - yes
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Found JPEG: /opt/local/lib/libjpeg.dylib
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /Users/gabor/.../roxlu_openni/Platform/Mac/Bin/Test
$ make install
Scanning dependencies of target TinyXml
[  1%] Building CXX object Source/External/TinyXml/CMakeFiles/TinyXml.dir/tinyxml.cpp.o
[  2%] Building CXX object Source/External/TinyXml/CMakeFiles/TinyXml.dir/tinystr.cpp.o
[  3%] Building CXX object Source/External/TinyXml/CMakeFiles/TinyXml.dir/tinyxmlerror.cpp.o
[  4%] Building CXX object Source/External/TinyXml/CMakeFiles/TinyXml.dir/tinyxmlparser.cpp.o
Linking CXX shared library libTinyXml.dylib
[  4%] Built target TinyXml
Scanning dependencies of target OpenNI
[  5%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/openNI.cpp.o
[ 37%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/Mac/Linux-x86Memory.cpp.o
/Users/gabor/.../roxlu_openni/Source/OpenNI/Mac/Linux-x86Memory.cpp: In function ‘void* xnOSMallocAligned(XnSizeT, XnSizeT)’:
/Users/gabor/.../roxlu_openni/Source/OpenNI/Mac/Linux-x86Memory.cpp:47: error: ‘posix_memalign’ was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/Mac/Linux-x86Memory.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

any help would be appreciated.

best,
gabor

[OpenNI-dev] Re: OpenNI on Mac!

takahashi
Hi Roxlu,

> - what cmake version

2.8.3

> - what mac osx version

Mac OS X 10.6.5 (10H574)

---------------------------------------
[...]
-- Build files have been written to: /Users/ktakahas/OpenNI/Platform/
Mac/Bin/Test
pro:Test ktakahas$ make
Scanning dependencies of target TinyXml
[  1%] Building CXX object Source/External/TinyXml/CMakeFiles/
TinyXml.dir/tinyxml.cpp.o
[  2%] Building CXX object Source/External/TinyXml/CMakeFiles/
TinyXml.dir/tinystr.cpp.o
[  3%] Building CXX object Source/External/TinyXml/CMakeFiles/
TinyXml.dir/tinyxmlerror.cpp.o
[  4%] Building CXX object Source/External/TinyXml/CMakeFiles/
TinyXml.dir/tinyxmlparser.cpp.o
Linking CXX shared library libTinyXml.dylib
[  4%] Built target TinyXml
Scanning dependencies of target OpenNI
[  5%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/
openNI.cpp.o
[  6%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/
XnBaseNode.cpp.o
[  7%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/
XnEnumerationErrors.cpp.o
[  8%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/
XnFPSCalculator.cpp.o
[  9%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/
XnLicensing.cpp.o
[ 10%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/
XnLog.cpp.o
[ 12%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/
XnMockNotifier.cpp.o
[ 13%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/
XnModuleLoader.cpp.o
[ 14%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/
XnNodeManager.cpp.o
[ 15%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/
XnNodeWatcher.cpp.o
[ 16%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/
XnOpenNI.cpp.o
[ 17%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/
XnOS.cpp.o
[ 18%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/
XnOSMemoryProfiling.cpp.o
[ 19%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/
XnPlayerImpl.cpp.o
[ 20%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/
XnProfiling.cpp.o
[ 21%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/
XnQueries.cpp.o
[ 23%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/
XnRecorderImpl.cpp.o
[ 24%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/
XnScheduler.cpp.o
[ 25%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/
XnStatusRegister.cpp.o
[ 26%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/
XnUSB.cpp.o
[ 27%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/
XnUtils.cpp.o
[ 28%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/
XnXml.cpp.o
[ 29%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/
XnXmlConfig.cpp.o
[ 30%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/Mac/
Linux-x86CriticalSections.cpp.o
[ 31%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/Mac/
Linux-x86Debug.cpp.o
[ 32%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/Mac/
Linux-x86Events.cpp.o
[ 34%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/Mac/
Linux-x86Files.cpp.o
[ 35%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/Mac/
Linux-x86INI.cpp.o
[ 36%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/Mac/
Linux-x86Keyboard.cpp.o
[ 37%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/Mac/
Linux-x86Memory.cpp.o
[ 38%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/Mac/
Linux-x86Mutex.cpp.o
[ 39%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/Mac/
Linux-x86Network.cpp.o
[ 40%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/Mac/
Linux-x86Processes.cpp.o
[ 41%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/Mac/
Linux-x86SharedLibs.cpp.o
[ 42%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/Mac/
Linux-x86SharedMemory.cpp.o
[ 43%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/Mac/
Linux-x86Strings.cpp.o
[ 45%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/Mac/
Linux-x86Threads.cpp.o
[ 46%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/Mac/
Linux-x86Time.cpp.o
[ 47%] Building CXX object Source/OpenNI/CMakeFiles/OpenNI.dir/Mac/
XnUSBLinux-x86.cpp.o
Linking CXX shared library libOpenNI.dylib
[ 47%] Built target OpenNI
Scanning dependencies of target nimCommon
[ 48%] Building CXX object Source/Modules/Common/CMakeFiles/
nimCommon.dir/DataRecords.cpp.o
Linking CXX shared library libnimCommon.dylib
[ 48%] Built target nimCommon
Scanning dependencies of target nimCodecs
[ 49%] Building CXX object Source/Modules/nimCodecs/CMakeFiles/
nimCodecs.dir/ExportedCodec.cpp.o
[ 50%] Building CXX object Source/Modules/nimCodecs/CMakeFiles/
nimCodecs.dir/Xn16zCodec.cpp.o
[ 51%] Building CXX object Source/Modules/nimCodecs/CMakeFiles/
nimCodecs.dir/Xn16zEmbTablesCodec.cpp.o
[ 52%] Building CXX object Source/Modules/nimCodecs/CMakeFiles/
nimCodecs.dir/Xn8zCodec.cpp.o
[ 53%] Building CXX object Source/Modules/nimCodecs/CMakeFiles/
nimCodecs.dir/XnCodec.cpp.o
[ 54%] Building CXX object Source/Modules/nimCodecs/CMakeFiles/
nimCodecs.dir/XnCodecs.cpp.o
[ 56%] Building CXX object Source/Modules/nimCodecs/CMakeFiles/
nimCodecs.dir/XnJpegCodec.cpp.o
[ 57%] Building CXX object Source/Modules/nimCodecs/CMakeFiles/
nimCodecs.dir/XnStreamCompression.cpp.o
[ 58%] Building CXX object Source/Modules/nimCodecs/CMakeFiles/
nimCodecs.dir/XnUncompressedCodec.cpp.o
Linking CXX shared library libnimCodecs.dylib
ld: library not found for -lJPEG
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [Source/Modules/nimCodecs/libnimCodecs.dylib] Error 1
make[1]: *** [Source/Modules/nimCodecs/CMakeFiles/nimCodecs.dir/all]
Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
---------------------------------------

And after modifying Source/Modules/nimCodecs/CMakeFiles/nimCodecs.dir/
link.txt
---------------------------------------
pro:Test ktakahas$ make
[  4%] Built target TinyXml
[ 47%] Built target OpenNI
[ 48%] Built target nimCommon
Linking CXX shared library libnimCodecs.dylib
Undefined symbols:
  "jpeg_CreateDecompress(jpeg_decompress_struct*, int, unsigned
long)", referenced from:
      XnStreamInitUncompressImageJ(XnStreamUncompJPEGContext*)      in
XnStreamCompression.cpp.o
      XnStreamUncompressImageJ(XnStreamUncompJPEGContext*, unsigned
char const*, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned int*)in
XnStreamCompression.cpp.o
      XnStreamUncompressImageJ(XnStreamUncompJPEGContext*, unsigned
char const*, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned int*)in
XnStreamCompression.cpp.o
  "jpeg_read_header(jpeg_decompress_struct*, int)", referenced from:
      XnStreamUncompressImageJ(XnStreamUncompJPEGContext*, unsigned
char const*, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned int*)in
XnStreamCompression.cpp.o
  "jpeg_read_scanlines(jpeg_decompress_struct*, unsigned char**,
unsigned int)", referenced from:
      XnStreamUncompressImageJ(XnStreamUncompJPEGContext*, unsigned
char const*, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned int*)in
XnStreamCompression.cpp.o
  "jpeg_resync_to_restart(jpeg_decompress_struct*, int)", referenced
from:
      XnStreamInitUncompressImageJ(XnStreamUncompJPEGContext*)      in
XnStreamCompression.cpp.o
      XnStreamUncompressImageJ(XnStreamUncompJPEGContext*, unsigned
char const*, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned int*)in
XnStreamCompression.cpp.o
      XnStreamUncompressImageJ(XnStreamUncompJPEGContext*, unsigned
char const*, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned int*)in
XnStreamCompression.cpp.o
  "jpeg_write_scanlines(jpeg_compress_struct*, unsigned char**,
unsigned int)", referenced from:
      XnStreamCompressImage24J(XnStreamCompJPEGContext*, unsigned char
const*, unsigned char*, unsigned int*, unsigned int, unsigned int,
unsigned int)in XnStreamCompression.cpp.o
      XnStreamCompressImage8J(XnStreamCompJPEGContext*, unsigned char
const*, unsigned char*, unsigned int*, unsigned int, unsigned int,
unsigned int)in XnStreamCompression.cpp.o
  "jpeg_set_defaults(jpeg_compress_struct*)", referenced from:
      XnStreamCompressImage24J(XnStreamCompJPEGContext*, unsigned char
const*, unsigned char*, unsigned int*, unsigned int, unsigned int,
unsigned int)in XnStreamCompression.cpp.o
      XnStreamCompressImage8J(XnStreamCompJPEGContext*, unsigned char
const*, unsigned char*, unsigned int*, unsigned int, unsigned int,
unsigned int)in XnStreamCompression.cpp.o
  "jpeg_start_decompress(jpeg_decompress_struct*)", referenced from:
      XnStreamUncompressImageJ(XnStreamUncompJPEGContext*, unsigned
char const*, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned int*)in
XnStreamCompression.cpp.o
  "jpeg_set_quality(jpeg_compress_struct*, int, int)", referenced
from:
      XnStreamCompressImage24J(XnStreamCompJPEGContext*, unsigned char
const*, unsigned char*, unsigned int*, unsigned int, unsigned int,
unsigned int)in XnStreamCompression.cpp.o
      XnStreamCompressImage8J(XnStreamCompJPEGContext*, unsigned char
const*, unsigned char*, unsigned int*, unsigned int, unsigned int,
unsigned int)in XnStreamCompression.cpp.o
  "jpeg_destroy_compress(jpeg_compress_struct*)", referenced from:
      XnStreamFreeCompressImageJ(XnStreamCompJPEGContext*)      in
XnStreamCompression.cpp.o
      XnStreamCompressImage24J(XnStreamCompJPEGContext*, unsigned char
const*, unsigned char*, unsigned int*, unsigned int, unsigned int,
unsigned int)in XnStreamCompression.cpp.o
      XnStreamCompressImage8J(XnStreamCompJPEGContext*, unsigned char
const*, unsigned char*, unsigned int*, unsigned int, unsigned int,
unsigned int)in XnStreamCompression.cpp.o
  "jpeg_finish_decompress(jpeg_decompress_struct*)", referenced from:
      XnStreamUncompressImageJ(XnStreamUncompJPEGContext*, unsigned
char const*, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned int*)in
XnStreamCompression.cpp.o
  "jpeg_std_error(jpeg_error_mgr*)", referenced from:
      XnStreamInitUncompressImageJ(XnStreamUncompJPEGContext*)      in
XnStreamCompression.cpp.o
      XnStreamInitCompressImageJ(XnStreamCompJPEGContext*)      in
XnStreamCompression.cpp.o
      XnStreamCompressImage24J(XnStreamCompJPEGContext*, unsigned char
const*, unsigned char*, unsigned int*, unsigned int, unsigned int,
unsigned int)in XnStreamCompression.cpp.o
      XnStreamCompressImage8J(XnStreamCompJPEGContext*, unsigned char
const*, unsigned char*, unsigned int*, unsigned int, unsigned int,
unsigned int)in XnStreamCompression.cpp.o
      XnStreamUncompressImageJ(XnStreamUncompJPEGContext*, unsigned
char const*, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned int*)in
XnStreamCompression.cpp.o
      XnStreamUncompressImageJ(XnStreamUncompJPEGContext*, unsigned
char const*, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned int*)in
XnStreamCompression.cpp.o
  "jpeg_CreateCompress(jpeg_compress_struct*, int, unsigned long)",
referenced from:
      XnStreamInitCompressImageJ(XnStreamCompJPEGContext*)      in
XnStreamCompression.cpp.o
      XnStreamCompressImage24J(XnStreamCompJPEGContext*, unsigned char
const*, unsigned char*, unsigned int*, unsigned int, unsigned int,
unsigned int)in XnStreamCompression.cpp.o
      XnStreamCompressImage8J(XnStreamCompJPEGContext*, unsigned char
const*, unsigned char*, unsigned int*, unsigned int, unsigned int,
unsigned int)in XnStreamCompression.cpp.o
  "jpeg_start_compress(jpeg_compress_struct*, int)", referenced from:
      XnStreamCompressImage24J(XnStreamCompJPEGContext*, unsigned char
const*, unsigned char*, unsigned int*, unsigned int, unsigned int,
unsigned int)in XnStreamCompression.cpp.o
      XnStreamCompressImage8J(XnStreamCompJPEGContext*, unsigned char
const*, unsigned char*, unsigned int*, unsigned int, unsigned int,
unsigned int)in XnStreamCompression.cpp.o
  "jpeg_finish_compress(jpeg_compress_struct*)", referenced from:
      XnStreamCompressImage24J(XnStreamCompJPEGContext*, unsigned char
const*, unsigned char*, unsigned int*, unsigned int, unsigned int,
unsigned int)in XnStreamCompression.cpp.o
      XnStreamCompressImage8J(XnStreamCompJPEGContext*, unsigned char
const*, unsigned char*, unsigned int*, unsigned int, unsigned int,
unsigned int)in XnStreamCompression.cpp.o
  "jpeg_destroy_decompress(jpeg_decompress_struct*)", referenced from:
      XnStreamFreeUncompressImageJ(XnStreamUncompJPEGContext*)      in
XnStreamCompression.cpp.o
      XnStreamUncompressImageJ(XnStreamUncompJPEGContext*, unsigned
char const*, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned int*)in
XnStreamCompression.cpp.o
      XnStreamUncompressImageJ(XnStreamUncompJPEGContext*, unsigned
char const*, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned int*)in
XnStreamCompression.cpp.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [Source/Modules/nimCodecs/libnimCodecs.dylib] Error 1
make[1]: *** [Source/Modules/nimCodecs/CMakeFiles/nimCodecs.dir/all]
Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

---------------------------------------

> - and can you paste the specific link.txt?

Source/Modules/nimCodecs/CMakeFiles/nimCodecs.dir/link.txt
---------------------------------------
/usr/bin/c++  -O3 -DNDEBUG -dynamiclib -headerpad_max_install_names  -
o libnimCodecs    .dylib -install_name /Users/ktakahas/OpenNI/Platform/
Mac/Bin/Test/Source/Modules/nim    Codecs/libnimCodecs.dylib
CMakeFiles/nimCodecs.dir/ExportedCodec.cpp.o CMakeFiles/ni
mCodecs.dir/Xn16zCodec.cpp.o CMakeFiles/nimCodecs.dir/
Xn16zEmbTablesCodec.cpp.o CMak    eFiles/nimCodecs.dir/Xn8zCodec.cpp.o
CMakeFiles/nimCodecs.dir/XnCodec.cpp.o CMakeFil    es/nimCodecs.dir/
XnCodecs.cpp.o CMakeFiles/nimCodecs.dir/XnJpegCodec.cpp.o CMakeFile
s/nimCodecs.dir/XnStreamCompression.cpp.o CMakeFiles/nimCodecs.dir/
XnUncompressedCod    ec.cpp.o -lJPEG ../../OpenNI/
libOpenNI.dylib ../../../../../../../Source/External/Li    bUSB/Mac/
libusb-1.0.a /usr/lib/libdl.dylib ../../External/TinyXml/
libTinyXml.dylib -    framework CoreFoundation -framework IOKit

Re: [OpenNI-dev] Re: OpenNI on Mac!

Kamen Dimitrov
Hi,
I got the same error, but libjpeg was installed with "fink". After I
removed it and installed it with "brew", everything works fine. It
seems the version that "fink" installed was only compiled for i386 and
not x86_64.

Cheerz,
KD

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 5:47 AM, takahashi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> ---------------------------------------
> /usr/bin/c++  -O3 -DNDEBUG -dynamiclib -headerpad_max_install_names  -
> o libnimCodecs    .dylib -install_name /Users/ktakahas/OpenNI/Platform/
> Mac/Bin/Test/Source/Modules/nim    Codecs/libnimCodecs.dylib
> CMakeFiles/nimCodecs.dir/ExportedCodec.cpp.o CMakeFiles/ni
> mCodecs.dir/Xn16zCodec.cpp.o CMakeFiles/nimCodecs.dir/
> Xn16zEmbTablesCodec.cpp.o CMak    eFiles/nimCodecs.dir/Xn8zCodec.cpp.o
> CMakeFiles/nimCodecs.dir/XnCodec.cpp.o CMakeFil    es/nimCodecs.dir/
> XnCodecs.cpp.o CMakeFiles/nimCodecs.dir/XnJpegCodec.cpp.o CMakeFile
> s/nimCodecs.dir/XnStreamCompression.cpp.o CMakeFiles/nimCodecs.dir/
> XnUncompressedCod    ec.cpp.o -lJPEG ../../OpenNI/
> libOpenNI.dylib ../../../../../../../Source/External/Li    bUSB/Mac/
> libusb-1.0.a /usr/lib/libdl.dylib ../../External/TinyXml/
> libTinyXml.dylib -    framework CoreFoundation -framework IOKit

Have you install Xcode?

2010/12/22 Kamen Dimitrov <[hidden email]>
> [...]

> ---------------------------------------
> /usr/bin/c++  -O3 -DNDEBUG -dynamiclib -headerpad_max_install_names  -
> o libnimCodecs    .dylib -install_name /Users/ktakahas/OpenNI/Platform/
> Mac/Bin/Test/Source/Modules/nim    Codecs/libnimCodecs.dylib
> CMakeFiles/nimCodecs.dir/ExportedCodec.cpp.o CMakeFiles/ni
> mCodecs.dir/Xn16zCodec.cpp.o CMakeFiles/nimCodecs.dir/
> Xn16zEmbTablesCodec.cpp.o CMak    eFiles/nimCodecs.dir/Xn8zCodec.cpp.o
> CMakeFiles/nimCodecs.dir/XnCodec.cpp.o CMakeFil    es/nimCodecs.dir/
> XnCodecs.cpp.o CMakeFiles/nimCodecs.dir/XnJpegCodec.cpp.o CMakeFile
> s/nimCodecs.dir/XnStreamCompression.cpp.o CMakeFiles/nimCodecs.dir/
> XnUncompressedCod    ec.cpp.o -lJPEG ../../OpenNI/
> libOpenNI.dylib ../../../../../../../Source/External/Li    bUSB/Mac/
> libusb-1.0.a /usr/lib/libdl.dylib ../../External/TinyXml/
> libTinyXml.dylib -    framework CoreFoundation -framework IOKit

Radamés Ajna
Hi!

I've gotten the drivers working on my mac, the Sample-NiViewer and Sample-NiSimpleViewer, however it takes some seconds to open and keep sending this error message

libusb:info [darwin_check_configuration] active config: 1, first config: 1
libusb:info [process_new_device] found device with address 1 at 001-05ac-8005-09-00
libusb:info [process_new_device] allocating new device for location 0x06300000
libusb:warning [process_new_device] could not retrieve device descriptor: device not responding. skipping device

it repeats until the Viewer open...

I'm interested in the skeleton tracking, at this point can I use the methods inside my apps?

thanks

Radamés

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 1:42 PM, Matteo Bonini <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> ---------------------------------------
> /usr/bin/c++  -O3 -DNDEBUG -dynamiclib -headerpad_max_install_names  -
> o libnimCodecs    .dylib -install_name /Users/ktakahas/OpenNI/Platform/
> Mac/Bin/Test/Source/Modules/nim    Codecs/libnimCodecs.dylib
> CMakeFiles/nimCodecs.dir/ExportedCodec.cpp.o CMakeFiles/ni
> mCodecs.dir/Xn16zCodec.cpp.o CMakeFiles/nimCodecs.dir/
> Xn16zEmbTablesCodec.cpp.o CMak    eFiles/nimCodecs.dir/Xn8zCodec.cpp.o
> CMakeFiles/nimCodecs.dir/XnCodec.cpp.o CMakeFil    es/nimCodecs.dir/
> XnCodecs.cpp.o CMakeFiles/nimCodecs.dir/XnJpegCodec.cpp.o CMakeFile
> s/nimCodecs.dir/XnStreamCompression.cpp.o CMakeFiles/nimCodecs.dir/
> XnUncompressedCod    ec.cpp.o -lJPEG ../../OpenNI/
> libOpenNI.dylib ../../../../../../../Source/External/Li    bUSB/Mac/
> libusb-1.0.a /usr/lib/libdl.dylib ../../External/TinyXml/
> libTinyXml.dylib -    framework CoreFoundation -framework IOKit

there was no posix_memalign before snow leopard. patch to make it
compile:

diff --git a/Include/Mac/XnPlatformMac.h b/Include/Mac/XnPlatformMac.h
index bb25017..b96b543 100755
--- a/Include/Mac/XnPlatformMac.h
+++ b/Include/Mac/XnPlatformMac.h
@@ -39,6 +39,9 @@
 #include <string.h>^M
 #include <assert.h>^M
 ^M
+#include <AvailabilityMacros.h>^M
+#include <sys/errno.h>^M
+^M
^M
 // Platform Basic Definition^M
^M
@@ -132,6 +135,20 @@ typedef size_t             XnSizeT;
^M
 // Memory^M
^M
+/** posix_memalign for OS X version < 10.6 */^M
+#if (defined __APPLE__) && (MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED <= 1060)^M
+inline int posix_memalign(void **memptr, size_t alignment, size_t
size)^M
+{^M
+   if ((alignment && !(alignment & (alignment - 1))) ||^M
+       (alignment > 16)) // OS X has 16 bytes alignment by default^M
+       return EINVAL;^M
+   *memptr = malloc(size);^M
+   if (*memptr == NULL)^M
+       return ENOMEM;^M
+   return 0;^M
+}^M
+#endif^M
+^M
 /** The default memory alignment. */ ^M
 #define XN_DEFAULT_MEM_ALIGN 16^M
 ^M
diff --git a/Source/OpenNI/Mac/Linux-x86Memory.cpp b/Source/OpenNI/Mac/
Linux-x86Memory.cpp
index 11ddcc9..fedbced 100755
--- a/Source/OpenNI/Mac/Linux-x86Memory.cpp
+++ b/Source/OpenNI/Mac/Linux-x86Memory.cpp
@@ -29,6 +29,7 @@
 // NOTE: you must define XN_OS_IMPL before including xnOS.h,
otherwise, when mem profiling this file will not compile.^M
 #define XN_OS_IMPL^M
 #include <XnOS.h>^M
+#include <XnPlatform.h>^M
 #include <malloc/malloc.h> // @todo Porting to Mac^M
 #include <XnLog.h>^M
 ^M

[OpenNI-dev] Re: OpenNI on Mac!

gabor papp
sorry, the previous patch although compiles does not work. the
following fixes it.
i also had to patch the cmake file to make it work with the macports
libjpeg, i hope it also works with fink and homebrew.

copying libjpeg.dylib to OpenNI_TEST/libJPEG.dylib is still required
unfortunately.

best,
gabor

diff --git a/CMakeLists.txt b/CMakeLists.txt
index 80b3d7e..699e530 100755
--- a/CMakeLists.txt
+++ b/CMakeLists.txt
@@ -32,7 +32,6 @@ set(TINYXML_INCLUDE_DIR "${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/
Source/External/TinyXml/")
 set(OPENNI_INCLUDE_DIR "${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/Include/")
 set(OPENNI_MODULES_DIR "${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/Source/Modules")
 set(TINYXML_LIB_NAME TinyXml)
-set(JPEG_LIB_NAME JPEG)
 set(OPENNI_LIB_NAME OpenNI)
 set(NIMCOMMON_LIB_NAME nimCommon)
 set(NIMCODECS_LIB_NAME nimCodecs)
@@ -42,11 +41,15 @@ set(NIMRECORDER_LIB_NAME nimRecorder)
 # Find JPEG system lib
 # ---------------------
 find_package(JPEG)
+
 if(NOT JPEG_FOUND)
    # when not found use the one in the externals folder, so we can
compile!
    set(JPEG_FOUND true)
    set(JPEG_INCLUDE_DIR "${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/Source/External/
LibJPEG/")
    add_subdirectory("./Source/External/LibJPEG/")
+else (JPEG_FOUND)
+   include_directories(${JPEG_INCLUDE_DIRS})
+   set(JPEG_LIB_NAME ${JPEG_LIBRARIES})
 endif()

 # Find USB lib
diff --git a/Include/Mac/XnPlatformMac.h b/Include/Mac/XnPlatformMac.h
index bb25017..3cdd954 100755
[...]

Amir Hirsch
Hi Everyone!

I have OpenNI Compiling on Mac

i changed the link.txt file from -lJPEG to /opt/local/lib/libjpeg.dylib

I cannot get SensorKinect to compile from Roxlu's github.

make install dumps this:

[  0%] Building CXX object Source/XnCore/CMakeFiles/XnCore.dir/XnBuffer.cpp.o

In file included from /Users/amir/Hacking/kinect/SensorKinect/Source/XnCore/XnBuffer.cpp:31:

/Users/amir/Hacking/kinect/SensorKinect/Source/XnCore/XnBuffer.h:33:18: error: XnOS.h: No such file or directory

In file included from /Users/amir/Hacking/kinect/SensorKinect/Source/XnCore/XnBuffer.h:34,

                 from /Users/amir/Hacking/kinect/SensorKinect/Source/XnCore/XnBuffer.cpp:31:

/Users/amir/Hacking/kinect/SensorKinect/Include/XnCore.h:34:24: error: XnPlatform.h: No such file or directory

/Users/amir/Hacking/kinect/SensorKinect/Include/XnCore.h:35:22: error: XnStatus.h: No such file or directory

/Users/amir/Hacking/kinect/SensorKinect/Include/XnCore.h:36:23: error: XnVersion.h: No such file or directory

In file included from /Users/amir/Hacking/kinect/SensorKinect/Source/XnCore/XnBuffer.h:34,

                 from /Users/amir/Hacking/kinect/SensorKinect/Source/XnCore/XnBuffer.cpp:31:

/Users/amir/Hacking/kinect/SensorKinect/Include/XnCore.h:63: error: ‘XN_API_IMPORT’ does not name a type

/Users/amir/Hacking/kinect/SensorKinect/Include/XnCore.h:72: error: ‘XN_API_IMPORT’ does not name a type

/Users/amir/Hacking/kinect/SensorKinect/Include/XnCore.h:78: error: ‘XN_API_IMPORT’ does not name a type

/Users/amir/Hacking/kinect/SensorKinect/Include/XnCore.h:86: error: ‘XN_API_IMPORT’ does not name a type

/Users/amir/Hacking/kinect/SensorKinect/Include/XnCore.h:95: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘const’

In file included from /Users/amir/Hacking/kinect/SensorKinect/Source/XnCore/XnBuffer.cpp:31:

/Users/amir/Hacking/kinect/SensorKinect/Source/XnCore/XnBuffer.h:42: error: function definition does not declare parameters

/Users/amir/Hacking/kinect/SensorKinect/Source/XnCore/XnBuffer.cpp:36: error: ‘XnStatus’ does not name a type

/Users/amir/Hacking/kinect/SensorKinect/Source/XnCore/XnBuffer.cpp:46: error: ‘XnBuffer’ has not been declared

/Users/amir/Hacking/kinect/SensorKinect/Source/XnCore/XnBuffer.cpp:46: error: variable or field ‘SetExternalBuffer’ declared void

/Users/amir/Hacking/kinect/SensorKinect/Source/XnCore/XnBuffer.cpp:46: error: ‘XnUChar’ was not declared in this scope

/Users/amir/Hacking/kinect/SensorKinect/Source/XnCore/XnBuffer.cpp:46: error: ‘pBuffer’ was not declared in this scope

/Users/amir/Hacking/kinect/SensorKinect/Source/XnCore/XnBuffer.cpp:46: error: ‘XnUInt32’ was not declared in this scope

/Users/amir/Hacking/kinect/SensorKinect/Source/XnCore/XnBuffer.cpp:55: error: ‘XnStatus’ does not name a type

make[2]: *** [Source/XnCore/CMakeFiles/XnCore.dir/XnBuffer.cpp.o] Error 1

make[1]: *** [Source/XnCore/CMakeFiles/XnCore.dir/all] Error 2

make: *** [all] Error 2

On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 1:57 PM, gabor papp <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

hi Amir,

> /Users/amir/Hacking/kinect/SensorKinect/Source/XnCore/XnBuffer.h:33:18:
> error: XnOS.h: No such file or directory
it seems you don't have the directory structure described in
http://roxlu.com/blog/entry/116/openni-and-sensorkinect-driver-for-mac-/
so sensorkinect does not find the include files from openni. openni
and sensorkinect should be in the same parent directory called OpenNI
and SensorKinect.

best,
gabor

12