[OpenNI-dev] Openni.net.dll and multihands

[OpenNI-dev] Openni.net.dll and multihands

tappi
I can't figure out how I get multihand working with openni.net.dll and
c#. One hand is okey, but what about two hands. I like to make
application where other (lets say left hand is mouse button(Click
gesture) and right hand is mouse cursor(hand tracking). I have
modified NITE.ini file but in code side do I have to make two
handsgenerator objects or just one?

I also like to know is there swipe gesture in openni.net.dll? I only
know 3 gestures which are Click, Wave and RaiseHand.

[OpenNI-dev] Re: Openni.net.dll and multihands

Rui Marinho
Call u help me out getting that gesture thing to work, i have the
follwing:

 this.gestures = context.FindExistingNode(NodeType.Gesture) as
GestureGenerator;
               if (this.gestures == null)
            {
                throw new Exception("Viewer must have a gestures
node!");
            }

                        this.gestures.GestureRecognized += new
GestureGenerator.GestureRecognizedHandler(gestures_GestureRecognized);

this.gestures.StartGenerating();

but the event never gets fired :(

On 26 Dez, 19:01, tappi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I can't figure out how I get multihand working with openni.net.dll and
> c#. One hand is okey, but what about two hands. I like to make
> application where other (lets say left hand is mouse button(Click
> gesture) and right hand is mouse cursor(hand tracking). I have
> modified NITE.ini file but in code side do I have to make two
> handsgenerator objects or just one?
>
> I also like to know is there swipe gesture in openni.net.dll? I only
> know 3 gestures which are Click, Wave and RaiseHand.

RE: [OpenNI-dev] Openni.net.dll and multihands

Lior Cohen
Dear Tappi,

The C# and C++ multiple hand are working the same. If you had enabled the Multiple Hands form the NITE.ini file then it is enabled for both C++ and C# code.
All the controls are working only with the primary point (related to the hand that preformed the focus gesture).
In order to activate a control with a hand point that is not the primary, one should create a special PointFilter that switches this hand point to be primary point.

The gestures you mentioned (Click, Wave and RaiseHand) are focus gesture, those are performed in order to grab focus/start the session. NITE has many other controls that can detect many gestures, e.g., XnMSwipeDetector , XnMWaveDetector, XnMCircleDetector, XnMPushDetector... In order to use them in a managed code you will need to add the ManagedNITE.dll as a resource to your project.

Regards,
Lior Cohen | Europ & APAC FAE | PrimeSense | www.primesense.com
discover Natural Interaction with us at CES 2011 south hall 4 booth 36255