Quantcast

[OpenNI-dev] PointViewer-Example - Multiple hand tracking

CY

[OpenNI-dev] PointViewer-Example - Multiple hand tracking

CY
Hi,

Am I the only one who are unable to track multiple hands with this
sample? The point drawer is capable of drawing multiple inputs but it
seems that the session manager is made only to focus a single hand.

There is a screenshot showing multiple hand tracking with PointViewer
demo in the documentation pdf. Any idea?

Thanks a lot

[OpenNI-dev] Re: PointViewer-Example - Multiple hand tracking

sharon brizinov

Hi,
I'm not home right now but I'll try to help anyway..
Search for folder named 'Hands' inside of the folders openni or nite
folder (I'm not sure what folder exactly), there you should search
for .ini file, inside of it there should be Multiple = 0, change it to
1 (means true), and it's should work...
It's all from my memory so I'm sorry if it's not precisely enough..

CY

[OpenNI-dev] Re: PointViewer-Example - Multiple hand tracking

CY
Thanks Sharon,

[Problem Solved] The parameters are commented by default.

AllowMultipleHands=1
TrackAdditionalHands=1

CY

[OpenNI-dev] Re: PointViewer-Example - Multiple hand tracking

CY
Thanks Sharon,

[Problem Solved] The parameters are comments by default.

wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm not home right now but I'll try to help anyway..
> Search for folder named 'Hands' inside of the folders openni or nite
> folder (I'm not sure what folder exactly), there you should search
> for .ini file, inside of it there should be Multiple = 0, change it to
> 1 (means true), and it's should work...
> It's all from my memory so I'm sorry if it's not precisely enough..
>
> On Dec 10, 4:24 pm, CY <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
>
> > Am I the only one who are unable to track multiple hands with this
> > sample? The point drawer is capable of drawing multiple inputs but it
> > seems that the session manager is made only to focus a single hand.
>
> > There is a screenshot showing multiple hand tracking with PointViewer
> > demo in the documentation pdf. Any idea?
>
> > Thanks a lot

[OpenNI-dev] Re: PointViewer-Example - Multiple hand tracking

sharon brizinov
Happy to help.
Maybe we should creat a Q&A page for logging all those tiny tips..