[OpenNI-dev] We're thrilled to announce that Point Cloud Library (PCL) version 1.0 has been released! (http://www.pointclouds.org).

Suat Gedikli-2
PCL is a large-scale, cross-platform, open project for point cloud
processing that is free for commercial and research use. The PCL
framework comprises state-of-the-art algorithms that have endless
uses, such as filtering outliers from noisy data, stitching 3D point
clouds together, segmenting relevant parts of a scene, extracting
keypoints and creating surfaces from point clouds. With the 1.0
release, PCL is now a completely standalone library, using a few
"system" dependencies (Boost, Qhull, VTK) with some extra third-party
libraries (FLANN, Eigen, CMinpack, OpenNI). The release features a
number of changes and updates to help you do more -- and help you do
it more easily. A few highlights:
-) Full Linux, Windows and Mac OSX support. If you can connect an
OpenNI camera to it, PCL can run on it
-) Complete OpenNI interface for PSDK, Asus WAVI XTion and Kinect.
Just hook up your camera and start hacking in 3D
-) Surface reconstruction, Segmenation & many other state-of-the-art
3D filtering and processing algorithms.
-) Complete Octree interface for point cloud compression, nearest
neighbor search, change detection and more
-) Lots of tutorials and demos – with more on the way
A project of this magnitude can only be accomplished with a fantastic
team; many developers spent countless hours helping to improve the
system. The developers and contributors to this release exceeded
expectations through their exhaustive efforts, such as fixing bugs,
documenting the code and writing tutorials. A special thanks to
Google, NVIDIA and Willow Garage, who have generously supported PCL
and without whom this release would not be possible. Kudos also to our
friends and colleagues Alessio, Nizar and Mourad, who worked
tirelessly to get full Windows and Mac OS support up and running.
This is the first official PCL release, so we plan to support it for
the foreseeable future. As 1.0.0 is likely to still have a few bugs,
we're calling it "API locked" rather than "stable." This is a dynamic,
interactive project that moves closer to stable with every
contribution our community makes. What do you think? Let us know what
you like, are excited about or want to see in future releases.

We are looking forward to see you in the fast-growing PCL community.

[OpenNI-dev] Re: We're thrilled to announce that Point Cloud Library (PCL) version 1.0 has been released! (http://www.pointclouds.org).

Sunhawk
Many thanks for your hard work and that of your team.  Another toy to
play with!

On May 13, 3:00 pm, suat gedikli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> PCL is a large-scale, cross-platform, open project for point cloud
> processing that is free for commercial and research use. The PCL
> framework comprises state-of-the-art algorithms that have endless
> uses, such as filtering outliers from noisy data, stitching 3D point
> clouds together, segmenting relevant parts of a scene, extracting
> keypoints and creating surfaces from point clouds. With the 1.0
> release, PCL is now a completely standalone library, using a few
> "system" dependencies (Boost, Qhull, VTK) with some extra third-party
> libraries (FLANN, Eigen, CMinpack, OpenNI). The release features a
> number of changes and updates to help you do more -- and help you do
> it more easily. A few highlights:
> -) Full Linux, Windows and Mac OSX support. If you can connect an
> OpenNI camera to it, PCL can run on it
> -) Complete OpenNI interface for PSDK, Asus WAVI XTion and Kinect.
> Just hook up your camera and start hacking in 3D
> -) Surface reconstruction, Segmenation & many other state-of-the-art
> 3D filtering and processing algorithms.
> -) Complete Octree interface for point cloud compression, nearest
> neighbor search, change detection and more
> -) Lots of tutorials and demos – with more on the way
> A project of this magnitude can only be accomplished with a fantastic
> team; many developers spent countless hours helping to improve the
> system. The developers and contributors to this release exceeded
> expectations through their exhaustive efforts, such as fixing bugs,
> documenting the code and writing tutorials. A special thanks to
> Google, NVIDIA and Willow Garage, who have generously supported PCL
> and without whom this release would not be possible. Kudos also to our
> friends and colleagues Alessio, Nizar and Mourad, who worked
> tirelessly to get full Windows and Mac OS support up and running.
> This is the first official PCL release, so we plan to support it for
> the foreseeable future. As 1.0.0 is likely to still have a few bugs,
> we're calling it "API locked" rather than "stable." This is a dynamic,
> interactive project that moves closer to stable with every
> contribution our community makes. What do you think? Let us know what
> you like, are excited about or want to see in future releases.
>
> We are looking forward to see you in the fast-growing PCL community.

[OpenNI-dev] Re: We're thrilled to announce that Point Cloud Library (PCL) version 1.0 has been released! (http://www.pointclouds.org).

Crash
Many thanks to all members of your team for all efforts and hard work
that they implemented in this project!
I am looking forward to test this library, and i hope that i will find
in it some easier way to implement fingers detection, compared to all
others that can be found for now!

Keep with the good work ;)

On May 13, 11:05 pm, Sunhawk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Many thanks for your hard work and that of your team.  Another toy to
> play with!
>
> On May 13, 3:00 pm, suat gedikli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > PCL is a large-scale, cross-platform, open project for point cloud
> > processing that is free for commercial and research use. The PCL
> > framework comprises state-of-the-art algorithms that have endless
> > uses, such as filtering outliers from noisy data, stitching 3D point
> > clouds together, segmenting relevant parts of a scene, extracting
> > keypoints and creating surfaces from point clouds. With the 1.0
> > release, PCL is now a completely standalone library, using a few
> > "system" dependencies (Boost, Qhull, VTK) with some extra third-party
> > libraries (FLANN, Eigen, CMinpack, OpenNI). The release features a
> > number of changes and updates to help you do more -- and help you do
> > it more easily. A few highlights:
> > -) Full Linux, Windows and Mac OSX support. If you can connect an
> > OpenNI camera to it, PCL can run on it
> > -) Complete OpenNI interface for PSDK, Asus WAVI XTion and Kinect.
> > Just hook up your camera and start hacking in 3D
> > -) Surface reconstruction, Segmenation & many other state-of-the-art
> > 3D filtering and processing algorithms.
> > -) Complete Octree interface for point cloud compression, nearest
> > neighbor search, change detection and more
> > -) Lots of tutorials and demos – with more on the way
> > A project of this magnitude can only be accomplished with a fantastic
> > team; many developers spent countless hours helping to improve the
> > system. The developers and contributors to this release exceeded
> > expectations through their exhaustive efforts, such as fixing bugs,
> > documenting the code and writing tutorials. A special thanks to
> > Google, NVIDIA and Willow Garage, who have generously supported PCL
> > and without whom this release would not be possible. Kudos also to our
> > friends and colleagues Alessio, Nizar and Mourad, who worked
> > tirelessly to get full Windows and Mac OS support up and running.
> > This is the first official PCL release, so we plan to support it for
> > the foreseeable future. As 1.0.0 is likely to still have a few bugs,
> > we're calling it "API locked" rather than "stable." This is a dynamic,
> > interactive project that moves closer to stable with every
> > contribution our community makes. What do you think? Let us know what
> > you like, are excited about or want to see in future releases.
>
> > We are looking forward to see you in the fast-growing PCL community.

Re: [OpenNI-dev] Re: We're thrilled to announce that Point Cloud Library (PCL) version 1.0 has been released! (http://www.pointclouds.org).

Kaushal
Can anyone tell me how to use Kinect with the pcl patched sensor available at http://pointclouds.org/downloads/windows.html?? I don't see Kinect installed in my device manager if i install that sensor..

On 15 May 2011 05:42, Crash <[hidden email]> wrote:
Many thanks to all members of your team for all efforts and hard work
that they implemented in this project!
I am looking forward to test this library, and i hope that i will find
in it some easier way to implement fingers detection, compared to all
others that can be found for now!

Keep with the good work ;)

On May 13, 11:05 pm, Sunhawk <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Many thanks for your hard work and that of your team.  Another toy to
> play with!
>
> On May 13, 3:00 pm, suat gedikli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > PCL is a large-scale, cross-platform, open project for point cloud
> > processing that is free for commercial and research use. The PCL
> > framework comprises state-of-the-art algorithms that have endless
> > uses, such as filtering outliers from noisy data, stitching 3D point
> > clouds together, segmenting relevant parts of a scene, extracting
> > keypoints and creating surfaces from point clouds. With the 1.0
> > release, PCL is now a completely standalone library, using a few
> > "system" dependencies (Boost, Qhull, VTK) with some extra third-party
> > libraries (FLANN, Eigen, CMinpack, OpenNI). The release features a
> > number of changes and updates to help you do more -- and help you do
> > it more easily. A few highlights:
> > -) Full Linux, Windows and Mac OSX support. If you can connect an
> > OpenNI camera to it, PCL can run on it
> > -) Complete OpenNI interface for PSDK, Asus WAVI XTion and Kinect.
> > Just hook up your camera and start hacking in 3D
> > -) Surface reconstruction, Segmenation & many other state-of-the-art
> > 3D filtering and processing algorithms.
> > -) Complete Octree interface for point cloud compression, nearest
> > neighbor search, change detection and more
> > -) Lots of tutorials and demos – with more on the way
> > A project of this magnitude can only be accomplished with a fantastic
> > team; many developers spent countless hours helping to improve the
> > system. The developers and contributors to this release exceeded
> > expectations through their exhaustive efforts, such as fixing bugs,
> > documenting the code and writing tutorials. A special thanks to
> > Google, NVIDIA and Willow Garage, who have generously supported PCL
> > and without whom this release would not be possible. Kudos also to our
> > friends and colleagues Alessio, Nizar and Mourad, who worked
> > tirelessly to get full Windows and Mac OS support up and running.
> > This is the first official PCL release, so we plan to support it for
> > the foreseeable future. As 1.0.0 is likely to still have a few bugs,
> > we're calling it "API locked" rather than "stable." This is a dynamic,
> > interactive project that moves closer to stable with every
> > contribution our community makes. What do you think? Let us know what
> > you like, are excited about or want to see in future releases.
>
> > We are looking forward to see you in the fast-growing PCL community.

Kaushal Jain
UG Second Year,
Electrical Engineering Department,
IIT Bombay

[OpenNI-dev] Re: We're thrilled to announce that Point Cloud Library (PCL) version 1.0 has been released! (http://www.pointclouds.org).

MichaelK
The driver didn't worked for me, too.
In the install dir, there is no driver although.
And when I try to tun a sample app from PCL, the app crashes :(

On May 17, 12:00 pm, Kaushal Jain <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how to use Kinect with the pcl patched sensor available
> athttp://pointclouds.org/downloads/windows.html??I don't see Kinect
> installed in my device manager if i install that sensor..
>
> On 15 May 2011 05:42, Crash <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Many thanks to all members of your team for all efforts and hard work
> > that they implemented in this project!
> > I am looking forward to test this library, and i hope that i will find
> > in it some easier way to implement fingers detection, compared to all
> > others that can be found for now!
>
> > Keep with the good work ;)
>
> > On May 13, 11:05 pm, Sunhawk <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Many thanks for your hard work and that of your team.  Another toy to
> > > play with!

> > --

> Kaushal Jain
> UG Second Year,
> Electrical Engineering Department,
> IIT Bombay

Re: [OpenNI-dev] Re: We're thrilled to announce that Point Cloud Library (PCL) version 1.0 has been released! (http://www.pointclouds.org).

rusu
Administrator

On 05/17/2011 03:27 AM, MichaelK wrote:
> The driver didn't worked for me, too.
> In the install dir, there is no driver although.
> And when I try to tun a sample app from PCL, the app crashes :(
>
> On May 17, 12:00 pm, Kaushal Jain<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> Can anyone tell me how to use Kinect with the pcl patched sensor available
>> athttp://pointclouds.org/downloads/windows.html??I don't see Kinect
>> installed in my device manager if i install that sensor..

Can you please bring this to the attention of our windows developers on [hidden email]? It's probably something
easy to fix on your side, as it's working for the rest of us.

Cheers,
Radu.
--
Point Cloud Library (PCL) - http://pointclouds.org