[OpenNI-dev] World of Warcraft + Microsoft Kinect

[OpenNI-dev] World of Warcraft + Microsoft Kinect

Evan A. Suma
Hello everyone,

Our group at the Institute for Creative Technologies have produced a new
video that I would like to share with you all.  It shows us playing
World of Warcraft with the Microsoft Kinect, using OpenNI and FAAST.  My
collaborator, Skip Rizzo, also talks near the end of the video about
some of the notable impact of this technology with respect to addressing
childhood obesity and diabetes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62wj8eJ0FHw

Best,
Evan

--
Evan A. Suma, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Associate

[OpenNI-dev] Re: World of Warcraft + Microsoft Kinect

Darien
Can't wait for mouse control!

-Darien

On Dec 25, 10:03 pm, "Evan A. Suma" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Our group at the Institute for Creative Technologies have produced a new
> video that I would like to share with you all.  It shows us playing
> World of Warcraft with the Microsoft Kinect, using OpenNI and FAAST.  My
> collaborator, Skip Rizzo, also talks near the end of the video about
> some of the notable impact of this technology with respect to addressing
> childhood obesity and diabetes.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62wj8eJ0FHw
>
> Best,
> Evan
>
> --
> Evan A. Suma, Ph.D.
> Postdoctoral Research Associate
> Institute for Creative Technologies
> University of Southern Californiawww.evansuma.com

Re: [OpenNI-dev] Re: World of Warcraft + Microsoft Kinect

Evan A. Suma
Darien,

Mouse control is coming soon.  :)

Also working on a Linux port!

- Evan

On 12/25/2010 7:10 PM, Darien wrote:

> Can't wait for mouse control!
>
> -Darien
>
> On Dec 25, 10:03 pm, "Evan A. Suma"<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> Our group at the Institute for Creative Technologies have produced a new
>> video that I would like to share with you all.  It shows us playing
>> World of Warcraft with the Microsoft Kinect, using OpenNI and FAAST.  My
>> collaborator, Skip Rizzo, also talks near the end of the video about
>> some of the notable impact of this technology with respect to addressing
>> childhood obesity and diabetes.
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62wj8eJ0FHw
>>
>> Best,
>> Evan
>>
>> --
>> Evan A. Suma, Ph.D.
>> Postdoctoral Research Associate
>> Institute for Creative Technologies
>> University of Southern Californiawww.evansuma.com

[OpenNI-dev] Re: World of Warcraft + Microsoft Kinect

MDRAM
Well thank u all for the info...just a question more, if isave into
memory some calibration data, will that work for different users ?
this way application has no persistent  settings but can be set just
once when started , then should work...also if im not so convincend
about that :D

On 26 Dic, 04:20, "Evan A. Suma" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Darien,
>
> Mouse control is coming soon.  :)
>
> Also working on a Linux port!
>
> - Evan
>
> On 12/25/2010 7:10 PM, Darien wrote:
>
> > Can't wait for mouse control!
>
> > -Darien
>
> > On Dec 25, 10:03 pm, "Evan A. Suma"<[hidden email]>  wrote:
> >> Hello everyone,
>
> >> Our group at the Institute for Creative Technologies have produced a new
> >> video that I would like to share with you all.  It shows us playing
> >> World of Warcraft with the Microsoft Kinect, using OpenNI and FAAST.  My
> >> collaborator, Skip Rizzo, also talks near the end of the video about
> >> some of the notable impact of this technology with respect to addressing
> >> childhood obesity and diabetes.
>
> >>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62wj8eJ0FHw
>
> >> Best,
> >> Evan
>
> >> --
> >> Evan A. Suma, Ph.D.
> >> Postdoctoral Research Associate
> >> Institute for Creative Technologies
> >> University of Southern Californiawww.evansuma.com

[OpenNI-dev] Re: World of Warcraft + Microsoft Kinect

Darien
w00t!

On Dec 25, 10:20 pm, "Evan A. Suma" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Darien,
>
> Mouse control is coming soon.  :)
>
> Also working on a Linux port!
>
> - Evan
>
> On 12/25/2010 7:10 PM, Darien wrote:
>

> > Can't wait for mouse control!
>
> > -Darien
>
> > On Dec 25, 10:03 pm, "Evan A. Suma"<[hidden email]>  wrote:
> >> Hello everyone,
>
> >> Our group at the Institute for Creative Technologies have produced a new
> >> video that I would like to share with you all.  It shows us playing
> >> World of Warcraft with the Microsoft Kinect, using OpenNI and FAAST.  My
> >> collaborator, Skip Rizzo, also talks near the end of the video about
> >> some of the notable impact of this technology with respect to addressing
> >> childhood obesity and diabetes.
>
> >>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62wj8eJ0FHw
>
> >> Best,
> >> Evan
>
> >> --
> >> Evan A. Suma, Ph.D.
> >> Postdoctoral Research Associate
> >> Institute for Creative Technologies
> >> University of Southern Californiawww.evansuma.com

[OpenNI-dev] Re: World of Warcraft + Microsoft Kinect

Rui Marinho
Awesome work, so this will be open source? it uses openNi ?