[OpenNI-dev] add joint

napoleon
Hi,
I would like to use the kinect for some kind of rehabilitation. Is
there any possibility to add joints like left/right crutch to the
skeleton to track patients walking on crutches?

Thanks!

Re: [OpenNI-dev] add joint

Rafael de Castro
 I would really like this information too

2011/5/30 napoleon <[hidden email]>
Hi,
I would like to use the kinect for some kind of rehabilitation. Is
there any possibility to add joints like left/right crutch to the
skeleton to track patients walking on crutches?

Thanks!

Rafael Henrique Assis de Castro

[OpenNI-dev] Re: add joint

MichaelK
I don't think so...

On May 30, 3:56 pm, napoleon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to use the kinect for some kind of rehabilitation. Is
> there any possibility to add joints like left/right crutch to the
> skeleton to track patients walking on crutches?
>
> Thanks!

[OpenNI-dev] Re: add joint

Ibrahim
well that would only be possible it the patient has no legs. but
otherwise dont think so.

On Jun 3, 10:06 am, MichaelK <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't think so...
>
> On May 30, 3:56 pm, napoleon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> > I would like to use the kinect for some kind of rehabilitation. Is
> > there any possibility to add joints like left/right crutch to the
> > skeleton to track patients walking on crutches?
>
> > Thanks!

Re: [OpenNI-dev] Re: add joint

Rafael de Castro
I'm using OpenNI and NITE, is there a way to change/add joints? for example the wrist joint that is not provided by NITE.

2011/6/3 Ibrahim <[hidden email]>
well that would only be possible it the patient has no legs. but
otherwise dont think so.

On Jun 3, 10:06 am, MichaelK <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I don't think so...
>
> On May 30, 3:56 pm, napoleon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> > I would like to use the kinect for some kind of rehabilitation. Is
> > there any possibility to add joints like left/right crutch to the
> > skeleton to track patients walking on crutches?
>
> > Thanks!

Rafael Henrique Assis de Castro

Re: [OpenNI-dev] Re: add joint

Alessandro Diogo Brückheimer
I'm using kinect for rehabilitation too. For the last two years I used rgb webcans...

Can I have more information about your project?

Alessandro Diogo Brückheimer
alebruck at gmail dot com

2011/6/3 Rafael de Castro <[hidden email]>
I'm using OpenNI and NITE, is there a way to change/add joints? for example the wrist joint that is not provided by NITE.

2011/6/3 Ibrahim <[hidden email]>
well that would only be possible it the patient has no legs. but
otherwise dont think so.

On Jun 3, 10:06 am, MichaelK <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I don't think so...
>
> On May 30, 3:56 pm, napoleon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> > I would like to use the kinect for some kind of rehabilitation. Is
> > there any possibility to add joints like left/right crutch to the
> > skeleton to track patients walking on crutches?
>
> > Thanks!

Rafael Henrique Assis de Castro

[OpenNI-dev] Re: add joint

Ibrahim
Hey alessandro
Im currently doing a project that involves using kinect for
rehabilitation too(theraputic exergaming). I was wondering if u could
share the information about your project. It would really be helpful.

On Jun 5, 1:47 am, Alessandro Diogo Brückheimer <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I'm using kinect for rehabilitation too. For the last two years I used rgb
> webcans...
>
> Can I have more information about your project?
>
> Alessandro Diogo Brückheimer
> alebruck at gmail dot com
>
> 2011/6/3 Rafael de Castro <[hidden email]>
>

> > I'm using OpenNI and NITE, is there a way to change/add joints? for example
> > the wrist joint that is not provided by NITE.
>
> > 2011/6/3 Ibrahim <[hidden email]>
>
> >> well that would only be possible it the patient has no legs. but
> >> otherwise dont think so.

> >> --
>
> > --
> > Rafael Henrique Assis de Castro

Re: [OpenNI-dev] Re: add joint

Rafael de Castro
nobody knows how to change/add a joint? Could anybody say, at least, where it is done for the already implemented joints?

wrote:
> I'm using kinect for rehabilitation too. For the last two years I used rgb
> webcans...
>
> Can I have more information about your project?
>
> Alessandro Diogo Brückheimer
> alebruck at gmail dot com
>
> 2011/6/3 Rafael de Castro <[hidden email]>
>

> > I'm using OpenNI and NITE, is there a way to change/add joints? for example
> > the wrist joint that is not provided by NITE.
>
> > 2011/6/3 Ibrahim <[hidden email]>
>
> >> well that would only be possible it the patient has no legs. but
> >> otherwise dont think so.

> >> --
>
> > --
> > Rafael Henrique Assis de Castro
>
> > --

Rafael Henrique Assis de Castro

Re: [OpenNI-dev] Re: add joint

ChrisCalef
I'm pretty new here, but from what I gather, all of the skeletonization code is locked up inside the NITE dlls and is not available for modification.  As far as I can tell, the best hope of changing the skeleton is waiting for somebody to make a new skeletonization system with PCL (or doing it yourself, of course).  I hear something like this is in the works, but I know very little about it.  Anybody from PCL community care to comment on that?

I too am extremely interested in resolving this dilemma!

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 11:14 AM, Rafael de Castro <[hidden email]> wrote:
nobody knows how to change/add a joint? Could anybody say, at least, where it is done for the already implemented joints?

Re: [OpenNI-dev] Re: add joint

rusu
Administrator
Chris,

We might be working on something, but I think the best venue to discuss the details would be pcl-users@ :) There's a bit
of thinking and discussing involved. In the meantime, something like
http://www.pointclouds.org/documentation/tutorials/octree_change.php (see
http://www.pointclouds.org/news/compressing-point-clouds.html for the video) might help us get there faster.

Cheers,
Radu.