[OpenNI-dev] error message: "PrimeSense/SensorV2/5.0.0.24: The device is not connected!"

[OpenNI-dev] error message: "PrimeSense/SensorV2/5.0.0.24: The device is not connected!"

Stefan
Dear all,

I always get this error message "PrimeSense/SensorV2/5.0.0.24: The
device is not connected!" when I try to run niSimpleViewer. Actually I
did everything that Bruno was suggesting (I have WinXP 32 and Visual
Studio 2008):

- using your binary version /bin/SensorKinect-Win32-5.0.0.exe
- and performing the manual installation of the KinectMotor and
KinectCamera
Driver.

however, it still can not connect to kinect. One hint where the bug
could be is that during the driver installation (although I install my
drivers from the Avin2 repository) I am asked for the file libusb0.sys
(which came with the libfreenect). So it seems (to me) that I forgot
to remove something which was installed for libfreenect (I deinstalled
all the former drivers that I was using with libfreenect in the
hardware section). Any idea where the bug could be?

Thanks,
Stefan

Re: [OpenNI-dev] error message: "PrimeSense/SensorV2/5.0.0.24: The device is not connected!"

Bruno De Araujo
Hi Stefan,

Try to remove all previous drivers (even hidden ones if needed).
The binary version released  by Alvin2 was compiled with VS2010 , so you will need to install MS VC++2010 Redistributable.

Try to run C:\Program Files (x86)\Prime Sense\Sensor\Bin\XnSensorServer.exe to see if it run and kill (Only one instance can run, and use launched automatically by the demos).

I also defined the environment version suggested by ROS related people.
XN_SENSOR_VENDOR_ID=0x045E
XN_SENSOR_PRODUCT_ID=0x02AE
XN_HOST_PROTOCOL_ALGORITHM_REGISTRATION=0x40

Currently I am using this driver version even will Visual Studio 2008 and the example works, because I was not successful to run a compile modified OpenNI version (signature problems).

I hope it will help you,

Bruno

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 5:15 PM, Stefan <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

[OpenNI-dev] Re: error message: "PrimeSense/SensorV2/5.0.0.24: The device is not connected!"

Peter P
I get the same message under Ubuntu 10.10 when running the
NiSimpleViewer sample program.

What should I clean out and/or reinstall to fix the driver problems?
Any help would be appreciated!

[OpenNI-dev] Re: error message: "PrimeSense/SensorV2/5.0.0.24: The device is not connected!"

Stefan
Hi Bruno,

thanks for your answer. I uninstalled all the (hidden) drivers which I
could obviously relate to Kinect (they where all called XBOX).
I did everything you said. Still the problem remains.
Then I downloaded the new version of Avin (Avin2) and did step by step
what he is suggesting. Still the problem remains.

Any idea what I could do? What do I miss?

Thanks,
Stefan

[OpenNI-dev] Re: error message: "PrimeSense/SensorV2/5.0.0.24: The device is not connected!"

avin
Hi Stefan,
What do you see in the device manager?
Can you see the Kinect in there somewhere?
If things are installed correctly you will see a "PrimeSensor"
category there with both "Kinect Motor" and "Kinect Camera".

avin.

On Dec 10, 1:46 pm, Stefan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Bruno,
>
> thanks for your answer. I uninstalled all the (hidden) drivers which I
> could obviously relate to Kinect (they where all called XBOX).
> I did everything you said. Still the problem remains.
> Then I downloaded the new version of Avin (Avin2) and did step by step
> what he is suggesting. Still the problem remains.
>
> Any idea what I could do? What do I miss?
>
> Thanks,
> Stefan

[OpenNI-dev] Re: error message: "PrimeSense/SensorV2/5.0.0.24: The device is not connected!"

Stefan
Hi Avin,

unfortunately I dont see anything like "Kinect Motor" or "Kinect
Camera" (not even hidden). The only kinect related things I see are
placed under "libusb-win32 devices" with "Xbox NUI Audio", "Xbox NUI
Camera" and "Xbox NUI Motor".

I uninstalled them and did everything what you said (for avin2 - which
builds fine by the way). When I then plug my kinect into the usb port
(although the drivers should already be installed according to your
README) it asks for installing the hardware drivers for the kinect (so
it seems that there is already something going wrong). What I tried
then was to install the drivers from the DRIVER folder you provided.
During the driver installation it wants to have the libusb file (which
it seems not be able to locate by itself). So I point it to a place
where the libusb0.sys can be found (actually I have this file from the
old installation of libfreenect).

I read recently in one of your posts that one solution could be to
connect the kinect to the xbox to get the latest software update.
Might this be the solution to the problem or did I completely mess up
with my drivers? And do you know if I can get around it because I
unfortunately do not have a XBOX.

Thanks,
Stefan

Re: [OpenNI-dev] Re: error message: "PrimeSense/SensorV2/5.0.0.24: The device is not connected!"

pkmital
Hi Stefan,

I had a similar problem and had to uninstall all the XBOX NUI Devices.
 I then ran C:\Program Files\Prime Sense\Sensor\Driver\dpinst-x86.exe
which installed Kinect Camera and Kinect Motor.

Best,

Parag

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Stefan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Avin,
>
> unfortunately I dont see anything like "Kinect Motor" or "Kinect
> Camera" (not even hidden). The only kinect related things I see are
> placed under "libusb-win32 devices" with "Xbox NUI Audio", "Xbox NUI
> Camera" and "Xbox NUI Motor".
>
> I uninstalled them and did everything what you said (for avin2 - which
> builds fine by the way). When I then plug my kinect into the usb port
> (although the drivers should already be installed according to your
> README) it asks for installing the hardware drivers for the kinect (so
> it seems that there is already something going wrong). What I tried
> then was to install the drivers from the DRIVER folder you provided.
> During the driver installation it wants to have the libusb file (which
> it seems not be able to locate by itself). So I point it to a place
> where the libusb0.sys can be found (actually I have this file from the
> old installation of libfreenect).
>
> I read recently in one of your posts that one solution could be to
> connect the kinect to the xbox to get the latest software update.
> Might this be the solution to the problem or did I completely mess up
> with my drivers? And do you know if I can get around it because I
> unfortunately do not have a XBOX.
>
> Thanks,
> Stefan

PhD Student in Arts and Computational Technology
Department of Computing
Goldsmiths, University of London
New Cross, London SE14 6NW
Mobile: (UK) +44 (0)7588 359581

[OpenNI-dev] Re: error message: "PrimeSense/SensorV2/5.0.0.24: The device is not connected!"

Stefan
Hi Parag, hi Avin,

I uninstalled all the XBOX NUI devices and then successfully run the C:
\Program Files\Prime Sense\Sensor\Driver\dpinst-x86.exe (it also tells
me that the driver "PrimeSense (psdrv3)" was successfully installed).
However, when I look into the device manager, no Kinect Camera or
Motor device appear.
Any idea what went wrong?

Thanks,
Stefan

[OpenNI-dev] Re: error message: "PrimeSense/SensorV2/5.0.0.24: The device is not connected!"

Stefan
Ok - finally I made it work. The thing I did wrong was that I chose
the wrong option when I installed the drivers manually. For future
dummys like me - choose the THIRD option when installing the hardware
manually (so the option "dont search, I will chose the driver to
install"). Up to now I always chose "Search for the best driver in
these locations" which will then automatically go back to XBOX NUI
interface.

Thanks for all the help,
Stefan