[OpenNI-dev] rviz image_view can't display depth image from openni_camera

[OpenNI-dev] rviz image_view can't display depth image from openni_camera

Patrick Bouffard
I've got the openni_camera driver running (though without openni_pcl
at this point) but I'm having trouble getting anything useful from it
so far. The only thing that has worked as expected is the RGB image.

Specifically when I try to look at the depth image in rviz's
image_view, the error message I get is "Unsupported image encoding
[32FC1]". This can be seen either from the commandline (rosrun rviz
image_view) or from within rviz proper. Also, image_view (from the
image_view package) does display the depth image, but at a much lower
rate than it is coming in at (rostopic hz /camera/depth/image_raw
reports 30 Hz), maybe around 5 FPS. The image is also flickery and
there is a wide black border on the right and top edges of the image.

Any ideas?

Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick 64-bit, ROS unstable (.deb install).

Cheers,
Pat